Powershot N Porting Thread

• 212 Replies

Offline koshy

Re: Powershot N Porting Thread
« Reply #30 on: 12 / August / 2014, 07:12:17 »
Advertisements
Blind port here :  n_facebook-100a-1.3.0-3578-full.zip
Thank you very much.

Using power button it doesn't boot. The Power button's LED blinks a few times. Using FW update method the camera restarts and presents me with the blue Canon screen, then shuts off (crashes?).
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #31 on: 12 / August / 2014, 07:46:40 »
Blind port here :  n_facebook-100a-1.3.0-3578-full.zip
Thank you very much.

Using power button it doesn't boot. The Power button's LED blinks a few times. Using FW update method the camera restarts and presents me with the blue Canon screen, then shuts off (crashes?).
I suspected it was pushing my luck to try for a home run (everything ported and enabled).   I'll recheck the basic startup code and post a version that only runs that. Once that works then its just a question of iterating through the rest.

Incidentally,  blinking of the power LED happens at the start of the boot.c code.   It should have happened with both loading methods.  Did you not see it using the firmware update method?

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline koshy

« Reply #32 on: 12 / August / 2014, 10:17:56 »
Incidentally,  blinking of the power LED happens at the start of the boot.c code.   It should have happened with both loading methods.  Did you not see it using the firmware update method?
Yes it happens with both methods. With the FW method something actually makes it onto the screen which is one step farther so I mentioned that as the point where booting stops.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #33 on: 12 / August / 2014, 14:26:59 »

With the FW method something actually makes it onto the screen which is one step farther so I mentioned that as the point where booting stops.
Does the "something" look like the CHDK logo and/or version info message box that you normally see at startup?

Offline koshy

« Reply #34 on: 12 / August / 2014, 18:07:59 »
With the FW method something actually makes it onto the screen which is one step farther so I mentioned that as the point where booting stops.
Does the "something" look like the CHDK logo and/or version info message box that you normally see at startup?
The normal first image with the Canon logo. No CHDK logo at that point. I think my initial description didn't get through  :)

Using FW update method the camera restarts and presents me with the blue Canon screen, then shuts off (crashes?).
That was supposed to describe the blue background screen with the white Canon logo that one first sees when the camera boots. If that is different on the regular Powershot N you couldn't have guessed of course...

« Reply #35 on: 12 / August / 2014, 18:34:13 »
The normal first image with the Canon logo. No CHDK logo at that point. I think my initial description didn't get through  :)
Got it now.

« Reply #36 on: 12 / August / 2014, 19:40:34 »
Having verified by PM that a stripped ps.fi2 file will boot and jump back to normal camera operation,  here's a full build with almost everything turned off.

https://app.box.com/s/87v32kvsmxw2lxn3ibou

It should load if the SD card door is open, flash the power LED three times and then start a normal boot (which will flash the LED twice more under Canon F/W control).  Approximately five seconds later the CHDK logo should appear.   

If you then click the "Facebook" button, you should see the camera enter <ALT> mode.  Maybe.

Offline koshy

« Reply #37 on: 13 / August / 2014, 09:23:55 »
Having verified by PM that a stripped ps.fi2 file will boot and jump back to normal camera operation,  here's a full build with almost everything turned off.
Thank you.

It boots and shows the CHDK screen like you said it would. I ended up in the screen prompting me for date / time but when I used the touch screen to skip the entry of that the cam crashed.
So battery out and again. This time I left the time prompt page up and presed the FB button (so that button has a real use after all :D) For the fraction of a second I saw the boxes I know from your alt mode screen shots. Then the camera crashed and was off.

« Reply #38 on: 13 / August / 2014, 11:01:18 »
Thank you.

It boots and shows the CHDK screen like you said it would. I ended up in the screen prompting me for date / time but when I used the touch screen to skip the entry of that the cam crashed.
So battery out and again. This time I left the time prompt page up and presed the FB button (so that button has a real use after all :D) For the fraction of a second I saw the boxes I know from your alt mode screen shots. Then the camera crashed and was off.
Progress! I'll work on what is causing that tonight. I think it's something to do with the power button handling in boot.c .  Should be able to reproduce on the N.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #39 on: 13 / August / 2014, 15:23:57 »
Then the camera crashed and was off.
Romlogs can be saved from Canon Basic too: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Romlog