Powershot N Porting Thread - page 6 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Powershot N Porting Thread

• 212 Replies
Re: Powershot N Porting Thread
« Reply #50 on: 14 / August / 2014, 19:52:16 »
Advertisements
A new DISKBOOT.BIN.  Should flash the CHDK logo and then just let the camera do its thing.  Does it still crash too?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline koshy

« Reply #51 on: 14 / August / 2014, 20:00:06 »
A new DISKBOOT.BIN.  Should flash the CHDK logo and then just let the camera do its thing.  Does it still crash too?
Yes. It does the six quick LED flashes, then come the two slow under control of the FW if I got it right and with the second of those the cam freezes. It is at the blue logo screen at the time. Power button and play button boot behave alike.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #52 on: 14 / August / 2014, 20:02:16 »
Yes. It does the six quick LED flashes, then come the two slow under control of the FW if I got it right and with the second of those the cam freezes. It is at the blue logo screen at the time. Power button and play button boot behave alike.
So I guess I got confused about what you had seen on the screen.  It looks like you have seen it get as far a displaying the CHDK logo a few times ?   But mostly it never gets that far ? 

Offline koshy

« Reply #53 on: 14 / August / 2014, 20:08:23 »
So I guess I got confused about what you had seen on the screen.  It looks like you have seen it get as far a displaying the CHDK logo a few times ?   But mostly it never gets that far ?
When I still had the "please set the clock" screen coming up I saw the CHDK logo every time.
After that I saw it once I think (I mentioned seeing it at the time). Now I haven't seen it in a while.

O.k. I set the clock and since then no matter which route I use to turn on the camera I get to play mode's screen saying no image and the camera is frozen. Once I got to see the CHDK logo but on all other tries not.
« Last Edit: 14 / August / 2014, 20:10:08 by koshy »
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #54 on: 14 / August / 2014, 20:11:58 »
What also might be worth pondering is that whith the set the clock screen things progressed as far as that we got a ROMLOG with Canon basic. In these later attempts the OS doesn't seem to progress that far.

« Reply #55 on: 14 / August / 2014, 20:25:39 »
What also might be worth pondering is that whith the set the clock screen things progressed as far as that we got a ROMLOG with Canon basic. In these later attempts the OS doesn't seem to progress that far.
True.  Although the ROMLOG basically said it crashed while saving the info from the clock setting screen.

I'll keep working backwards in the code from where we are now to the test where it just loaded and exited that we did on Tuesday.

« Reply #56 on: 14 / August / 2014, 20:35:59 »
Okay - this version disables all task including the spy_task.  So it should just boot ( with power LED blinking ) and then let the camera run normally.

I test all these patches by doing the same mod to the regular N code and making sure it runs on my camera.  So I'm not completely shooting in the dark here.

« Reply #57 on: 16 / August / 2014, 16:56:29 »
"Blind port here :  n_facebook-100a-1.3.0-3578-full.zip

Not sure how far this will get you but I hope you are up for an attempt ( or five ).  The only thing I was not able to port were the x & y touch positions  - I found those memory searching in the Powershot N.  With luck they will be the same in the FBook edition. If not, I'll have to do some assembly code diving"

I tried that site states file no longer there. So far I am having the same trouble, did so far everything posted to get the N to boot chdk no success. I have done the SX50HS and the the the SX510HS with success. Please help!Thank You I know every one is doing their best to get this working and we do appreciate it.

« Reply #58 on: 16 / August / 2014, 17:11:26 »
I tried that site states file no longer there. So far I am having the same trouble, did so far everything posted to get the N to boot chdk no success. I have done the SX50HS and the the the SX510HS with success. Please help!Thank You I know every one is doing their best to get this working and we do appreciate it.
Welcome tbones89.   Do you have a plain Powershot N  or the Powershot N Facebook Edition?

The Poweshot N CHDK port is stable and running well. At least it is based on the feedback from the one user who has reported back (me).

The Powershot N Facebook port is done but does not work.  Yet.  I don't own that cameras so I've been working with koshy on a "blind" port but he seems to be offline for a day or two now.  If you are interested in helping to get the Facebook version running let me know and I'll send you some things to test.   Sending me an email address via CHDK forum PM (private message) will speed things up - the forum message system limits the number of PM's you can send per day.

WWZ
« Last Edit: 16 / August / 2014, 17:13:05 by waterwingz »

Offline koshy

« Reply #59 on: 16 / August / 2014, 18:20:53 »
Okay - this version disables all task including the spy_task.  So it should just boot ( with power LED blinking ) and then let the camera run normally.
Yes that it does. The cam just boots with it on the card and the card door left open.

I'm sorry for the delay in this reply. I missed this post. I'm out home and office until Sunday night. I told nafraf by PM but took the N PB cam and a PC netbook for the purpose of testing it a little on evenings. So I didn't PM you. I did check the general "new posts" page of the forum on the smart phone two evenings in a row and was under the impression that this thread had been inactive until today.