Powershot N Porting Thread - page 9 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

Powershot N Porting Thread

• 212 Replies
Re: Powershot N Porting Thread
« Reply #80 on: 18 / August / 2014, 14:00:35 »
Advertisements
@waterwingz

The timestamp in the log file is from 2014:08:13 07:01:47 = five days ago.  Is the time set correctly on your camera and if so, is that when you saw the last crash?

I checked it once more, timestamp is exactly where I saw that chdk was not loading for the first time. Time Setting in camera is correct.

The attached file is new logged at 19:15 local time also set in camera, timestamp in file is the same as in my first file before (2014:08:13 07:01:47)...

Waiting for Your new build as announced...

Regards, Andreas.

« Reply #81 on: 18 / August / 2014, 18:05:00 »
Waiting for Your new build as announced...

n-100a-1.3.0-3584-full.zip
Trial build removed pending reports from testers.
« Last Edit: 19 / August / 2014, 09:47:53 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline koshy

« Reply #82 on: 19 / August / 2014, 08:11:55 »
Can we enable DNG support on the N FB next? If that worked it would be useful to me...
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #83 on: 19 / August / 2014, 08:20:35 »
Can we enable DNG support on the N FB next? If that worked it would be useful to me...
ok  - but I'll need fix the touch stuff before you can use it
« Last Edit: 19 / August / 2014, 08:36:31 by waterwingz »

« Reply #84 on: 19 / August / 2014, 08:53:37 »
Quick and dirty next step.  Turned on the capt_seq.c tasks and the touch task.   Adjusted the screen colors a bit to compensate for the custom palette still not working.

n_facebook-100a-1.3.0-3585-full.zip

If it all works you should have a functional CHDK (minus the video function and FWT stuff).

Offline koshy

« Reply #85 on: 19 / August / 2014, 10:51:15 »
Quick and dirty next step.  Turned on the capt_seq.c tasks and the touch task.   Adjusted the screen colors a bit to compensate for the custom palette still not working. If it all works you should have a functional CHDK (minus the video function and FWT stuff).
Thank you very much. I booted it and it worked. Setting CHDK up didn't work well as the camera touch still isn't disabled and kept getting in the way with the arrow buttons so I simply took an already set up CHDK from another camera and copied the N FB one over it. I then had the options I wanted.

Shooting DNG I found two problems.

1) The DNG files are broken. dng_validate reports:
*** Error: Invalid DefaultCropOrigin ***

2) When quickly pressing the shutter (without waiting for auto focus) no DNG gets written.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #86 on: 19 / August / 2014, 14:03:44 »
Shooting DNG I found two problems. 1) The DNG files are broken. dng_validate reports: *** Error: Invalid DefaultCropOrigin ***
Can you open and look at the image?  It's probably the same parameters that will need to be changed for the N but I can open the DNG's it produces.

2) When quickly pressing the shutter (without waiting for auto focus) no DNG gets written.
To paraphrase the famous old doctor joke ... "then don't do that".

Offline koshy

« Reply #87 on: 19 / August / 2014, 14:36:20 »
Can you open and look at the image?  It's probably the same parameters that will need to be changed for the N but I can open the DNG's it produces.
The DNG cannot be opened by PS or by the latest DNG converter (converting into another form of DNG). It can be opened by dcraw however. So Adobe products reject it.

This was one of the tests nafraf requested me to perform on every camera model of the 30 in the ETR thread. So I did there and so I did here...

« Reply #88 on: 19 / August / 2014, 15:20:19 »
It can be opened by dcraw however. So Adobe products reject it.
Did the image & colors look correct with DCRAW ?  If so the it should just be a simple header change.
This was one of the tests nafraf requested me to perform on every camera model of the 30 in the ETR thread. So I did there and so I did here...
The hook location that I believe affects this is one I found by looking at a couple of other ports.   So they likely have this problem too.   I'll dig a little deeper.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #89 on: 19 / August / 2014, 15:25:47 »
Did you try to enable this?
Code: [Select]
// try avoid intermittetant override failues on quick press, not needed?
//"    MOV     R0, #0\n"                          // added
//"    STR     R0, [R5,#0x28]\n"                  // added
"    LDR     R0, [R4, #0x28] \n"
But replace R5 by R4.  ::)