Powershot N Porting Thread - page 11 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Powershot N Porting Thread

• 212 Replies
Re: Powershot N Porting Thread
« Reply #100 on: 23 / August / 2014, 10:25:49 »
Advertisements
Interestingly for Test 6 it works in both play and shooting mode.
It took me a little while to realize that I had the palette code implemented correctly. There was a clue in the original philmoz code about pointers not always being initialized right away but it only checked to see if the pointer was not null.  I  added some additional checks and that seems to have solved it.  I think it's what's know as a race condition - sometime the CHDK code would try to set the palette before everything was ready and other times it would set it after everything was ready.   I'll make the same fix in the "N" versions.

Yes it toggles between Canon and CHDK when doing that. This one has the colors on CHDK logo and ALT mode buttons right no matter what mode you are in / are booting to.
Does it lock out touches from reaching the Canon firmware when it's displaying "CHDK" on the debug printout?  (i.e. does the CHDK UI work properly with no interference from the Canon UI ?)
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline koshy

« Reply #101 on: 23 / August / 2014, 10:56:04 »
Yes it toggles between Canon and CHDK when doing that. This one has the colors on CHDK logo and ALT mode buttons right no matter what mode you are in / are booting to.
Does it lock out touches from reaching the Canon firmware when it's displaying "CHDK" on the debug printout?  (i.e. does the CHDK UI work properly with no interference from the Canon UI ?)
Yes I'd think so. I retried hitting the record button while in ALT mode and that didn't work anymore but it's still impossible to operate it though. No matter where I touch the same happens. CHDK menu on and off. X and Y readout always stay 0 0.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #102 on: 23 / August / 2014, 11:11:37 »
Yes I'd think so. I retried hitting the record button while in ALT mode and that didn't work anymore but it's still impossible to operate it though. No matter where I touch the same happens. CHDK menu on and off. X and Y readout always stay 0 0.
Thanks.

Looks like the touch position variables are at different memory locations from the N.   Does the last line in the debug area  -  where it says Touch: toggle between Touch:No and Touch:Yes when you touch the screen ?

I should have asked that earlier.

Offline koshy

« Reply #103 on: 23 / August / 2014, 11:39:39 »
Does the last line in the debug area  -  where it says Touch: toggle between Touch:No and Touch:Yes when you touch the screen ?
Yes it does.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #104 on: 23 / August / 2014, 12:05:36 »
I downloaded n-100a-1.3.0-3585-full_BETA.zip from
http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/ and I could not successfuly
boot chdk.
It is the same error as before...
@baumandr :  I posted a patch with a few changes / fixes that should show up in the autobuild in the next day or two - including a fix for the problem you reported.

If you have a moment to try it now,  the download link is :  https://app.box.com/s/pihgcbd42kyhy12ivtbu

« Reply #105 on: 23 / August / 2014, 15:23:35 »
Does the last line in the debug area  -  where it says Touch: toggle between Touch:No and Touch:Yes when you touch the screen ?
Yes it does.
Okay - I think I've found the right addresses for the x&y position.  See if this version reports x & y positions in the debug area.   

There is also a dump of the touch control data block.  If the x & y positions are not working,  let me know what else changes in the data block ?
« Last Edit: 23 / August / 2014, 15:30:19 by waterwingz »

Offline koshy

« Reply #106 on: 23 / August / 2014, 15:59:37 »
Yes you have found it X Y works now and so do the buttons and navigating on the CHDK menu.
In Play mode CHDK logo and ALT mode buttons are all white again with this version...

« Reply #107 on: 23 / August / 2014, 16:06:04 »
Yes you have found it X Y works now and so do the buttons and navigating on the CHDK menu.
Good news.

In Play mode CHDK logo and ALT mode buttons are all white again with this version...
It's actually exactly the same code as used in the other versions and seems to be a random timing thing related to when the palette is loaded.

If you switch to shooting and back to play are the buttons correct ?

Offline koshy

« Reply #108 on: 23 / August / 2014, 16:21:19 »
No. In play mode they are white, back in shooting mode they are fine. I just went back and forth 8 times and it's constant. On the one test version where I said it worked it always worked. I didn't try overly often though.

« Reply #109 on: 23 / August / 2014, 16:45:17 »
No. In play mode they are white, back in shooting mode they are fine. I just went back and forth 8 times and it's constant. On the one test version where I said it worked it always worked. I didn't try overly often though.
Can you check the CHDK Settings -> Color Settings -> Draw Palette screen in both shooting and playback mode ?  You should see the colors circled here if the palette loaded correctly.

TIA