Switching to play mode after USB Remote - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Switching to play mode after USB Remote

• 4 Replies
Switching to play mode after USB Remote
« on: 04 / May / 2014, 17:17:47 »
Advertisements
Hello,

I, like many others it seems, am trying to synchronize multiple cameras while maintaining USB connectivity.

Following the inspiration from waterwingz and his post below.

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8769.msg105488#msg105488

I modified a build for my cameras. This mod has the nice affect of being able to send commands along with triggering a shot with usb remote. I use chdkptp to set the cameras into rec mode. I then toggle the power on a usb hub and all the cameras fire in very tight sync.

The thing I would like some help with is getting the cameras to properly connect with the PC again.

I would like to have the camera set itself back into play mode right after taking the shot.

How could I go about doing this? When the camera takes a picture from USB Remote go into play mode.

Thanks,

Re: Switching to play mode after USB Remote
« Reply #1 on: 04 / May / 2014, 17:25:57 »
The thing I would like some help with is getting the cameras to properly connect with the PC again.
From my original post :
Using this setup and the switch closed,   I was able to connect to my camera with CHDKPTP,  go into shooting mode and issue a "shoot" command.  With USB Remote enabled and sync enabled,  this caused the picture shooting process to start but then wait on the USB 5V signal.  I opened the switch and the picture taking process completed immediately.  I was able to continue issuing commands to the camera - all I had to do next was make sure I closed the switch before the next shot.

Does that not work for you?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 04 / May / 2014, 18:24:01 »
Thanks waterwingz,

You're reply triggered some thoughts and some exploration.

I had the USB Remote in OnePush mode. This was triggering a second shoot when I connected the power again.

So I changed the trigger to TwoPush mode. Now things work as expected.

« Reply #3 on: 04 / May / 2014, 18:57:14 »
Thanks waterwingz,

You're reply triggered some thoughts and some exploration.

I had the USB Remote in OnePush mode. This was triggering a second shoot when I connected the power again.

So I changed the trigger to TwoPush mode. Now things work as expected.
That doesn't sound right.   

With the patch I posted,  CHDK thinks the USB 5V power is always applied.  When you issue a shoot command over ptp,  the shooting sequence starts and if USB sync is enabled,  halts waiting for the USB power to go away.  The code at that point polls the USB power directly - bypassing the hack I posted.  When the power goes away,  the shoot completes.

I think the problem you are seeing is with your setup.  Set the USB Switch Type to None and the USB Control Mode to None. That should do what you want.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 04 / May / 2014, 20:13:51 »
I think the problem you are seeing is with your setup.  Set the USB Switch Type to None and the USB Control Mode to None. That should do what you want.

Thank you so much, that did the trick.