Help on loading CHDK onto A540 using Firmware Update method - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Help on loading CHDK onto A540 using Firmware Update method

• 2 Replies
Advertisements
I have an A540 and am trying to load onto it using the "Firmware Update" method mentioned on the wiki. It specifies that I need to turn it on via the playback button/switch (switch in this case). When I press the switch, or any other button besides on/off, nothing happens. The SD card is in the camera and is properly formatted as far as I can tell, the camera takes pictures onto it. I also don't see the Firm Update button in the menu. The stable 1.2 full build for A540 is downloaded straight onto the SD card (not in a folder), but I am unsure if that was what I was supposed to do. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm doing. At all.

Thanks.

Re: Help on loading CHDK onto A540 using Firmware Update method
« Reply #1 on: 08 / June / 2014, 00:51:04 »
I have an A540 and am trying to load onto it using the "Firmware Update" method mentioned on the wiki. It specifies that I need to turn it on via the playback button/switch (switch in this case). When I press the switch, or any other button besides on/off, nothing happens.
I believe that with cameras like the A540, you set the playback / shooting switch to the playback position and then press the power button.  After that, press the menu key, scroll to the bottom of the Canon menu, and select the firmware update option.

The stable 1.2 full build for A540 is downloaded straight onto the SD card (not in a folder), but I am unsure if that was what I was supposed to do.
When you say "downloaded straight" does that mean you just put the whole a540-100b-1.2.0-3456-full.zip file onto the card?  If so,  you need to "unzip" it so that all the files and directories are there.

Using STICK would make this a lot easier.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: Help on loading CHDK onto A540 using Firmware Update method
« Reply #2 on: 08 / June / 2014, 17:35:10 »
When you say "downloaded straight" does that mean you just put the whole a540-100b-1.2.0-3456-full.zip file onto the card?  If so,  you need to "unzip" it so that all the files and directories are there.

I did unzip it but just didn't know if there was a folder to but it in or something.

I believe that with cameras like the A540, you set the playback / shooting switch to the playback position and then press the power button.  After that, press the menu key, scroll to the bottom of the Canon menu, and select the firmware update option.

I did it, and it worked! Thanks a bunch.