Building a mult-camera rig - page 21 - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum  

Building a mult-camera rig

• 244 Replies
Advertisements
@reyalp - you are right , I have tested it on G12 and it works
But it isn't working with BC script (don't know if it the cause or o haven't find the exect values )

@waterwings - can u confirm it isn't the custom fw /script ?

Regards

Offline reyalp

it mention that it is not supported yet in LUA
Oops you're right. It just sets the propcase, so in Lua you can just use set_prop. Something like
Code: [Select]
!mc:cmdwait('call set_prop(require("propcase").RESOLUTION,0)')
would set the largest size. Note above is off the top of my head, not actually tested.

@reyalp - you are right , I have tested it on G12 and it works
But it isn't working with BC script (don't know if it the cause or o haven't find the exect values )
I'm sorry, I don't know what this is referring to.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

@reyalp - Thx !!!! it is working
just needed to make little change fitting it to BC script

-e"exec bc=require('bcamHost') bc:command('lua set_prop(require("propcase").RESOLUTION,0)') bc:shoot()

we continue to work on the system

we found that by using 3 tennis ball  hung with wire  we get nice calibration
first we need to zoom as much as possible and than calibrate.

Another issue that came up, is Lens distortion, after all it is cheap cameras  :(

Offline reyalp

Another issue that came up, is Lens distortion, after all it is cheap cameras  :(
I see you've already posted over there, but for the benefit future readers, this issue is discussed over in mphx thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11667.msg117482#msg117482
Don't forget what the H stands for.

@waterwings - can u recompile FW with the zoom distortion fix ?
I am attaching the link to other thread that describe the solution 

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10626.150

Regard

Offline srsa_4c

recompile FW with the zoom distortion fix
Current 1.3 releases already have that "fix".

@ srsa_4c - I am using custom ROM prepared by WATERWINGS with remote shoot and BC remote (you are welcome to read earlier posts on this thread to learn about this custom rom)

@ Waterwings, Hope you have the time to recompile new FW with zoom distortion patch

Regards

Offline srsa_4c

@ srsa_4c - I am using custom ROM prepared by WATERWINGS with remote shoot and BC remote (you are welcome to read earlier posts on this thread to learn about this custom rom)
Okay, if your build is earlier than rev. 3586 (21 / August), please make some test shots in a few zoom positions (wide angle, mid1, mid2, tele) for later comparison. "mphx" claims that the fix is not effective.

edit: use set_zoom for the test shots, not the zoom lever.
« Last Edit: 26 / October / 2014, 09:34:44 by srsa_4c »

@ Waterwings, Hope you have the time to recompile new FW with zoom distortion patch
@waterwings - can u recompile FW with the zoom distortion fix ?
The required code is a standard part of the 1.3.0 release of CHDK and has been for some time. 

It does require a build option to be enabled (CAM_ALLOWS_USB_PORT_FORCING) and a small code change to the kbd.c file for each camera so it has only been enabled on three cameras so far (  A1200,  D10,  A2500 ).

To use it requires a one line addition to your script.  See :  usb_force_active()
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16