Full Manual on A1100 IS - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Full Manual on A1100 IS

• 3 Replies

Offline Gav

Full Manual on A1100 IS
« on: 18 / June / 2014, 15:21:27 »
Advertisements
Hello All, I am a complete begineer to CHDK, so I imagine these are quite easy ones to sort out. I did search first, but if I have missed them, please point out where I need to look.

I  am trying to use CHDK to take time lapse photos over a period of a few hours but when I do the camera keeps changing the settings for Exposure time and F-Stop. How do I lock these. I have my camera in the P function at the moment, which I believe is as manual as I can set it to be. Can CHDK lock it further?

Ideally I would like a script that after the first photo is taken all the settings are fully locked in place and the back screen is turned off to minimise battery life. Does anyone know if there is one for my camera and where can I  get it? Thanks for any help.

Re: Full Manual on A1100 IS
« Reply #1 on: 18 / June / 2014, 15:49:33 »
Adding exposure lock to an existing intervalometer script is quite easy if that's what you really want to do.  I'll post something tonight for you.  Do you also want to lock the focus too?

A different approach that you may find useful, depending on your subject matter, is to use a script that limits the rate at which the exposure changes so that you don't see sudden jump's but still adjust to change in lighting conditions. Search for YASS4.LUA here on the forum if that's of interest.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #2 on: 18 / June / 2014, 16:17:41 »
I  am trying to use CHDK to take time lapse photos over a period of a few hours but when I do the camera keeps changing the settings for Exposure time and F-Stop. How do I lock these. I have my camera in the P function at the moment, which I believe is as manual as I can set it to be. Can CHDK lock it further?
Note that the A1100 does not have an adjustable aperture, so the F stop only depends on zoom. The reported F stop also includes the ND filter, which you can control from CHDK.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #3 on: 19 / June / 2014, 17:48:46 »
Adding exposure lock to an existing intervalometer script is quite easy if that's what you really want to do.  I'll post something tonight for you.
Took more than one day but TLapse1.lua script is now available.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16