Multi-camera setup project. - page 3 - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum  

Multi-camera setup project.

• 462 Replies
Re: Multi-camera setup project.
« Reply #20 on: 11 / July / 2014, 11:58:38 »
Advertisements
Although i will insist on what i said before.
Hmmm ... well then I will insist that it works for me.   :P

I don't know what scripts think it is happening when the switch is pressed for shooting.What i see and what computer knows is that it "loses" cameras at that point. And cameras are getting online again when i press switch again.
I think we need to discuss your switch hardware?  Do you have a circuit diagram of what you created?  The patch assumes that you only open the +5V wire in the USB cable (typically the red wire - leave the green, white and black connected).  Usually you would use a momentary contact "normally closed" type switch to do that .
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #21 on: 11 / July / 2014, 12:14:54 »
If the camera is busy with a tight loop, it's very much possible that most other firmware tasks don't get any CPU. If something tries to communicate over USB during that time, it will likely fail.

Offline mphx

« Reply #22 on: 11 / July / 2014, 12:41:52 »
I think we need to discuss your switch hardware?  Do you have a circuit diagram of what you created?  The patch assumes that you only open the +5V wire in the USB cable (typically the red wire - leave the green, white and black connected).  Usually you would use a momentary contact "normally closed" type switch to do that .

My switch is a classic psu switch button.I took it off of a broken psu.2 wires at the back (although this one has 4 wires and i just use the 2 of them.Both "couples" tested and work and i just chose one of them).
I connected the wires in the red wire of the usb cable (+5V line).
Are you saying that connectivity between cameras and pc should never be lost ?whatever i do with the switch?

Another question concerning your scripts.Keep in mind that remote script is executed manually , not autostarted.

When i issue an exit() command from the pc , script stops executing on the camera.If i wanted to start it again (on the camera) , whats the step ?Just manually executing it from the camera?Or it can be started from the pc ?
Also ,about downloading the last image .Is it possible to download all the images ?Lets say i take a shot with all the cameras , but client sneezed and i have to take another shot for the same session.
This results having 2 images on every camera.Your script will only download the last one.
And a last thing...maybe combine download command with delete command.Most of the times since photos are downloaded , they are not needed to stay on the cameras.

Thanks

Offline mphx

« Reply #23 on: 12 / July / 2014, 07:23:27 »
@waterwingz

i was looking/testing your two scripts (bcamhost/bcamrem).I was wondering how easy (for someone who knows about lua apparently) to embed your (mass)download function into current multicam.lua.

I see that function download_last() (from bcamhost) calls function cmds.getlastimg() (from bcamrem)  and if am not mistaken no other function is involved in this process.
If we strip those functions from unecessary variables (let's say the one about naming the target-local download folder) is it possible to embed it in multicam.lua?
I have zero knowledge about lua programming , so i might aswell talking nonsense here :)

« Reply #24 on: 12 / July / 2014, 09:20:56 »
i was looking/testing your two scripts (bcamhost/bcamrem).I was wondering how easy (for someone who knows about lua apparently) to embed your (mass)download function into current multicam.lua.
bcamHost.lua is just a modified version of reyalp's multicam.lua that I'm working on so that it lets me run multiple cameras the way I'd like.  I posted the original version so that novsela would have something to test with but have made many changes to the work flow and added several new "commands" since.

As far as "mass download" goes,  multicam.lua already has the a function called mc:download_last() that does that.

Offline mphx

« Reply #25 on: 12 / July / 2014, 10:37:05 »
As far as "mass download" goes,  multicam.lua already has the a function called mc:download_last() that does that.

Are you sure about this?I checked the contents of multicam.lua like 10 times ..upwards and downwards and i dont see something related to download.

Only file related with downloading is dcimdl.lua in extras/ but it lacks the "mass" part :)

I am trying all day to see how the two functions i mentioned in your scripts can be combined and put into multicam.lua but as i have said before i lack some lua knowledge.

If you say that such function already exists in multicam.lua feel free to enlighten me :)

« Reply #26 on: 12 / July / 2014, 11:02:47 »
Are you sure about this? If you say that such function already exists in multicam.lua feel free to enlighten me :)
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11583.msg114183#msg114183

Offline mphx

« Reply #27 on: 12 / July / 2014, 11:10:02 »
Are you sure about this? If you say that such function already exists in multicam.lua feel free to enlighten me :)
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11583.msg114183#msg114183

Damn i missed you for a little bit.I was exactly at the same thread/post and just finished the test of the *new* lets say multicam.lua.

Working as expected.

Thanks again.

« Reply #28 on: 12 / July / 2014, 11:25:57 »
Damn i missed you for a little bit.I was exactly at the same thread/post and just finished the test of the *new* lets say multicam.lua.
Helps to keep track of new versions and updates on the svn site : http://trac.assembla.com/chdkptp/browser/trunk/lua/multicam.lua

Offline mphx

« Reply #29 on: 12 / July / 2014, 12:28:09 »
Well i was checking chdkptp binary (windows version) and was still at r599.

Not much love in windows version from reyalp :)