Multi-camera setup project. - page 21 - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum

Multi-camera setup project.

• 462 Replies

Offline mphx

Re: Multi-camera setup project.
« Reply #200 on: 01 / October / 2014, 10:36:40 »
Advertisements

The only way I can see this happening is if the camera firmware is incorrectly applying the distortion correction. This could happen if the part of the firmware that does the correction thinks it's at a different zoom level.

Are you using the set_zoom function to change the zoom?

Do you still get the same effect if you use key press functions, like click('zoom_in') ?

If you shoot without zooming in, is the DNG more or less distorted than the jpeg?

Of course, if DNG works for you then you can certainly use it, but looking into the root cause might save you trouble elsewhere.

Here we go ,

1.Yes , my button uses the set_zoom function.With this case jpeg is alot distorted and dng a bit less.
2.My friend did a test.He used the zoom in/out buttons in the gui and the JPEG was flawless.DNG was not tested.
3.Without any zoom .. dng is distorted and jpeg is flawless.

Maybe set_zoom function has issues?:)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #201 on: 01 / October / 2014, 23:29:30 »
Maybe set_zoom function has issues?:)
What version of CHDK are you using? According to the SVN log, an issue like this was fixed in CHDK 1.3 rev 3586 for A2500.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline mphx

« Reply #202 on: 02 / October / 2014, 04:23:57 »

What version of CHDK are you using? According to the SVN log, an issue like this was fixed in CHDK 1.3 rev 3586 for A2500.

So true , i am several versions behind. So remind me again how updating of chdk works.I download the "small" package and i replace some specific files ?Which ones.
And how can i do it for 64 cameras .Any chance for some multi-upload function ? :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #203 on: 02 / October / 2014, 22:12:50 »
So true , i am several versions behind. So remind me again how updating of chdk works.I download the "small" package and i replace some specific files ?Which ones.
Upload the complete contents of the small package to each camera. Strictly speaking you don't need the .txt files, and you don't need PS.FI2 if you are going to use "firm update" loading.
And how can i do it for 64 cameras .Any chance for some multi-upload function ? :)
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11667.msg115482#msg115482 still applies

Assuming you've extracted the zip into c:/path/to/update, and have loaded multicam and connected to all the cameras you want to update, something like the following ought to work:
Code: [Select]
savecon=con
for lcon in mc:icams() do
 con=lcon
 cli:print_status(cli:execute('mup c:/path/to/update A/'))
end
con=savecon

If the multicam script is already running (mc:start() has already been called) you will need to call mc:cmd('exit') first, followed by a small wait.

Offline mphx

« Reply #204 on: 03 / October / 2014, 03:06:27 »

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11667.msg115482#msg115482 still applies

Assuming you've extracted the zip into c:/path/to/update, and have loaded multicam and connected to all the cameras you want to update, something like the following ought to work:
savecon=con
for lcon in mc:icams() do
 con=lcon
 cli:print_status(cli:execute('mup c:/path/to/update A/'))
end
con=savecon

If the multicam script is already running (mc:start() has already been called) you will need to call mc:cmd('exit') first, followed by a small wait.

Clear enough , BUT , i saved the code in a file with extension .lua , i used cli , to load multicam and connect to the cameras and executed the script.
Didn't work.And by that i mean , it wasn't executed.Some error in the script or it wasn't supposed to be ran like this.
Any ideas?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #205 on: 03 / October / 2014, 23:23:33 »
Didn't work.And by that i mean , it wasn't executed.Some error in the script or it wasn't supposed to be ran like this.
Any ideas?
Without any output or other information, it would be very difficult for me to know. I did run pretty much the exact same code using an ! command.

Offline mphx

« Reply #206 on: 04 / October / 2014, 05:19:08 »

Without any output or other information, it would be very difficult for me to know. I did run pretty much the exact same code using an ! command.

The error message was something like :

ERROR: compile failed:[string "mup.lua"]:1: syntax error near <eof>

where mup.lua is the script and the only thing changed is the path of the "update".

Thing is the same error is produced whether i change something in the script or empty it entirely.

« Reply #207 on: 04 / October / 2014, 11:28:30 »
If I haven't missed elsewhere...

Edit : If I have a few minutes later today,  I'll try to create a wiring diagram that shows all of this.
would still appreciate that.

Ok , i added some buttons for raw mode and for manipulating dng files apart from jpeg.I will put them in test tomorrow and will post the code for anyone that would like to do something similar.
yes please.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #208 on: 04 / October / 2014, 14:45:51 »
Thing is the same error is produced whether i change something in the script or empty it entirely.
So it has nothing to do with code I posted.

How are you trying to execute the script?
I would suggest either !dofile'mup.lua'
or change your lua file to define a function and the use
!require'mup.lua' your_function()

Offline mphx

« Reply #209 on: 04 / October / 2014, 16:00:21 »

How are you trying to execute the script?
I would suggest either !dofile'mup.lua'
or change your lua file to define a function and the use
!require'mup.lua' your_function()

chdkptp -i , to go to the console and then

exec mup.lua or

!mup.lua
no gui , no buttons , no nothing. And the lua file just includes your script.

I am missing something here , i feel it .