Multi-camera setup project. - page 42 - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Multi-camera setup project.

• 462 Replies
Re: Multi-camera setup project.
« Reply #410 on: 24 / January / 2017, 00:13:53 »
Advertisements
"...I want to make a 12 or more camera array for events where people jump or do other cool action moves ..."
.... I do not want to make 3d models I want to make a time slice bullet time effect video/gif.
There are about 70 Canon a450 and a460 camera's located in Sydney Australia if you are interested in them.
Old Post is here https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4103.msg117749#msg117749

Also there about 18 a480, a490 and a495 camera's located in Sydney Australia if you are interested in them.

These cameras have been used, by others with CHDK, for time slice bullet time effect video's. see an example here:-
http://hackaday.com/2011/06/29/tesla-coil-bullet-time-photography/

H-H
Edit #1
And just to be clear I took over zcream's project:-
"CHDK matrix bullet-time rig with Powershot A450 and A460 cameras"
« Last Edit: 27 / January / 2017, 21:33:53 by Hardware_Hacker »

« Reply #411 on: 25 / January / 2017, 08:13:15 »
thanks but most of those posts are several years old and since I"m in USA, shipping would cost more than the cameras which I can easily get off ebay. what I really need help with is downloading the images and quickly making them into a video clip. I've emailed several companies, no response, guess I will slowly figgure it out on my own. Hopefully I can make a tutorial because all the information is so spread out and it will take days/weeks to figgure it all out.

Multi-camera setup project.
« Reply #412 on: 25 / January / 2017, 08:48:42 »
what I really need help with is downloading the images and quickly making them into a video clip. I've emailed several companies, no response, guess I will slowly figgure it out on my own. Hopefully I can make a tutorial because all the information is so spread out and it will take days/weeks to figgure it all out.
You could start by updating this page with what your learn?

Multiple Cameras using CHDK

Is the help you need more related to the download part or the video creation part?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #413 on: 25 / January / 2017, 10:35:45 »
I am just starting and can probably figgure out the download part if I spend enough time reading the past threads, mainly want help on the video creation part. If someone can tell me one or two softwares I can research and learn it. I've read after effects and final cut pro are good, mainly want to find an editor that can add extra frames and auto correct for alignment so footage is smooth.

« Reply #414 on: 27 / January / 2017, 19:52:59 »
....but after searching google for a few days dont' see a single tutorial. Thanks in advance for any ideas....
....video creation part....
... If someone can tell me one or two softwares I can research and learn it....
...auto correct for alignment so footage is smooth....
Try Hugin's   "align image stack" here
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/docs/manual/Align_image_stack.html
This will, probably, work best for pairs of images so Align image in pair's such as (#1 and #2) then (#2 and #3) etc.

Also see some older post's here:-
ShockWave 'Wiggle Movies' 3 Replies 1328 Views Reply #3 on: 13/July/2009
See Attached file acrobat.gif (Using his synchronised nine-camera TX1 rig)

https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=3915.0
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,3430.msg32271.html#msg32271

More stuff, for mediavr, is here
https://www.youtube.com/user/mediavr

And the Newer mediavr's stuff and methods used, in more detail, here:-
"mediavr" try googling [panovrx PanoToolsNG]
The Result:- "Posts in PanoTools NG [Total: 417 items]"

H-H
Edit #1
The older CHDK capable cameras are capable of some good results
for the "video creation part".
« Last Edit: 27 / January / 2017, 21:27:10 by Hardware_Hacker »

Offline mphx

« Reply #415 on: 04 / February / 2017, 08:37:58 »
@reyalp

We are facing a rather stupid problem lately.Sometimes cameras are disconnected during photo shooting , most of the times because some cable is moved and lost connection to the camera.
Chdkptp popups a message and we undestand that some camera has lost connection.
So far so good...we re-connect cameras and we continue.
Lately we have noticed that some cameras when they lost connection ..they turn off by themselves for some strange/unknown reason.
And when we have customers waiting for us to re-connect them , we dont notice that some cameras are missing during re-connection since they are off entirely.

My question is , is there a command or a way , to "report" the number of connected cameras.Issue the command and the command will return the number of connected devices.
So after re-connecting cameras , i would know if 64 cameras are connected or less..if less then i will check if some camera is turned off.
I know i could walk around the camera rig and check all of them visually and see if some camera is turned off but as i said, during photoshooting with customers and/or children running around and stuff , we try to be quick with such actions (connect,sync , etc etc) so some things might be overlooked during shooting.
That happened today and we tried to make a model from 35-40 cameras out of 64...the rest cameras for a strange reason turned off at some point of the shooting process!!!

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 04 / February / 2017, 08:41:09 by mphx »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #416 on: 04 / February / 2017, 14:40:37 »
My question is , is there a command or a way , to "report" the number of connected cameras.Issue the command and the command will return the number of connected devices.
Something like
Code: [Select]
for lcon in mc:icams() do
 if not lcon:is_connected() then
  printf('%s not connected\n',lcon.mc_id)
 end
end
should do it.

I should probably add connection status to mc:describe
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline mphx

« Reply #417 on: 04 / February / 2017, 15:09:37 »
@reyalp

Gonna try it at Monday before the shooting.

mc:describe ? what this command does ?Never heard of it :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #418 on: 04 / February / 2017, 15:24:13 »
You can find it in the source ;)

It's what generates the output for mc:list_sel and mc:list_all
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #419 on: 05 / February / 2017, 07:11:59 »
Gonna try it at Monday before the shooting.

(my understanding - haven't tested this) If you just want the disconnected id's - put that code in a PC-side function, by itself:

e.g.
Code: [Select]
function mc:which_cams_are_not_connected()
 for lcon in mc:icams() do
  if not lcon:is_connected() then
  printf('%s not connected\n',lcon.mc_id)
 end
end

e.g. somewhere after function mc:connect(opts)

and run as:
!mc:which_cams_are_not_connected()

Adding the equivalent "is_connected" logic to mc:describe would, as it stands, include the display of the additional fields described there in one go (although they probably wouldn't help you much it means the multicam code doesn't bloat) & passing in table options would allow display of only what is wanted.
« Last Edit: 05 / February / 2017, 10:14:34 by andrew.stephens.754365 »