Digital IXUS Wireless FW 100F Dump - Firmware Dumping - CHDK Forum

Digital IXUS Wireless FW 100F Dump

• 4 Replies

Offline koshy

Digital IXUS Wireless FW 100F Dump
« on: 17 / July / 2014, 11:22:22 »
Advertisements
The IXUS wireless I obtained for my work doesn't have the FW CHDK exists for.
I found it has FW 100F so first of all I dumped that using the CBDUMPER script.

The current CHDK for FW 1.10A does not work on this camera naturally.

How much of a chance is there that a port to this FW 1.00F could be made within a week or so?

If the chance is low I'll use the FW update exe I found on Canon's pages to get me to 110A.
Otherwise please request me to halt doing that swiftly and I'll be available for testing a 100F CHDK build.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Re: Digital IXUS Wireless FW 100F Dump
« Reply #1 on: 17 / July / 2014, 11:23:04 »
Part two of the FW rar is attached here.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #2 on: 17 / July / 2014, 11:52:46 »

The IXUS wireless I obtained for my work doesn't have the FW CHDK exists for.  I found it has FW 100F so first of all I dumped that using the CBDUMPER script.  The current CHDK for FW 1.10A does not work on this camera naturally.

How much of a chance is there that a port to this FW 1.00F could be made within a week or so?

If the chance is low I'll use the FW update exe I found on Canon's pages to get me to 110A.
Otherwise please request me to halt doing that swiftly and I'll be available for testing a 100F CHDK build.
Canon very seldom releases actual firmware updates when they change the firmware rev of a camera unless it's to fix a serious bug.  Thus, when there is an actual update, it's usually a good idea to apply it.  Typically a person doing a CHDK port will not bother doing one for the faulty firmware version. 

So unless nafraf wants to volunteer to port the 1.00F version I would suggest applying the update and moving on.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline nafraf

« Reply #3 on: 17 / July / 2014, 12:31:45 »
I think it is better to update the firmware to 110a.

Offline koshy

« Reply #4 on: 17 / July / 2014, 13:10:05 »
I think it is better to update the firmware to 110a.

Very good, then that's what I'll do.