Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 30 Cams || 0 to go :-) - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 30 Cams || 0 to go :-)

• 184 Replies

Offline nafraf

Re: Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 25 Cams || 21 to go
« Reply #10 on: 24 / July / 2014, 09:55:41 »
Advertisements
Test version for A460 100d. Please run the same tests. Thanks
« Last Edit: 03 / August / 2014, 22:54:07 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 25 Cams || 21 to go
« Reply #11 on: 24 / July / 2014, 10:10:39 »
Quote from: nafraf
Test version for A460 100d.
- Verify long exposure
Done, 00:01:31 worked fine

- Verify that a DNG is saved when you press the shutter quickly without waiting for auto-focus
Yes, that works. 7 full and half presses => 7 DNGs

- Verify USB remote switch operation
That also works on A460 now
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 25 Cams || 20 to go
« Reply #12 on: 24 / July / 2014, 11:09:18 »
Could you pick the IXUS i Zoom next? I have the DNG trouble I detailed in another thread...

If you have anything else ready prior to it that's just as welcome of course.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline nafraf

Re: Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 25 Cams || 19 to go
« Reply #13 on: 24 / July / 2014, 13:45:06 »
A450 and A460 were updated in trunk, Changeset 3451 and 3542. Thanks for testing.

IXUS i Zoom will be the next. :)

Offline koshy

« Reply #14 on: 25 / July / 2014, 07:03:52 »
IXUS i Zoom will be the next. :)
Thanks.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #15 on: 25 / July / 2014, 15:04:00 »
Test version for IXUS iZoom 100g.

To fix USB remote control, it is necessary to detect USB_MASK.
1) Enable "Show Misc. Values":
CHDK Menu -> Miscellaneous Stuff -> Debug Parameters ->
Show Misc. Values [ * ]
The values of phy_status[0..2] should be shown on LCD

2) Plug/Unplug USB cable and tell me which value changed. Knowing the value with and without USB cable, we can define the mask.

« Last Edit: 05 / October / 2014, 00:45:44 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

« Reply #16 on: 25 / July / 2014, 16:25:53 »
2) Plug/Unplug USB cable and tell me which value changed. Knowing the value with and without USB cable, we can define the mask.
The IXUS i Zoom is a different kind of beast. It does not have the same USB port as the other cameras. It has a wide connector that allows the camera to sit in a bowl shaped docking station. See this picture The docking station itself has the regular usb connector. So I tested this while the camera was sitting in the docking station.

Without USB cable plugged in: PS1: 0x2059a980
With USB cable plugged in: PS1: 0x2859a980

But as long as the camera is in that docking bowl I can't get out of play mode after turning it on. No matter what the mode switch is set to. So I don't know if the kind of cable/adapter for the remote exists. I have a boxed camera here and I think it's complete so it wasn't supplied.

Edit: the Ixus i zoom USB remote was found to work in:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11723.msg114974#msg114974
« Last Edit: 06 / June / 2015, 16:53:11 by koshy »

Offline nafraf

« Reply #17 on: 25 / July / 2014, 16:43:13 »
OK, I'll put the mask value (just for documentation purposes) and a note in kbd.c.
Could you test DNG and long exposure time capture?

« Reply #18 on: 25 / July / 2014, 17:04:18 »
But as long as the camera is in that docking bowl I can't get out of play mode after turning it on. No matter what the mode switch is set to.
FWIW,  that sounds like normal Canon P&S camera behavior when a USB connection to your PC is active.  Which I think makes sense given how you have described the docking station's function.

You could try connecting with chdkptp and see of you can use it to put yourself into shooting mode.  I think that the switch_mode_usb() function will also do that when a script is running.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline koshy

« Reply #19 on: 25 / July / 2014, 17:17:55 »
Could you test DNG and long exposure time capture?
DNG seems to work unless it fails like described here. I had some more fun with that...

Long exposure time capture gives me trouble to set up. There is no Disp Button and no zoom lever (that is up arrow down arrow). Consequently I could not figure out how to set more than 00:00:59.

If that is not solveable (e.g. hold funct-set and then use arrows to make the position switch) I should look at the buttons of our remaining cams to see for what other models that applies (if any).