Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 30 Cams || 0 to go :-) - page 8 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 30 Cams || 0 to go :-)

• 184 Replies

Offline nafraf

Advertisements
Please test this version: ixus800_sd700 100b
« Last Edit: 10 / August / 2014, 11:37:37 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

Please test this version: ixus800_sd700 100b
Still freezes on taking JPEG. I tried full shutter press before, not half shutter press. So I tried half shutter press too and found that it freezes after auto focus. In that case live view stays active but even switching camera to play mode using the dial switch does nothing. In any event the battery needs to be taken out after a freeze. Having DNG active the cam crashed. So I'm attaching another ROMLOG.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline nafraf

I'll continue with ixus800 and g7 later. Both cameras have the same bug, the patch to fix overrides behavior at short shutter press is wrong.

Please test this version for ixus700_sd500  101B. filewritetask() was not implemented, then remoteshoot -jpg does not work.
« Last Edit: 10 / August / 2014, 11:37:50 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

Quote from: nafraf
Please test this version for ixus700_sd500  101B
- Verify long exposure
Done, 00:01:31 worked just fine

- Verify that a DNG is saved when you press the shutter quickly without waiting for auto-focus
Yes, that works. 4 full and half presses => 4 DNGs

- Verify USB remote switch operation
This does not work on the IXUS 700 and I think it cannot be made to work but let's see...

I revisited your USB mask instructions
To fix USB remote control, it is necessary to detect USB_MASK.
1) Enable "Show Misc. Values":
CHDK Menu -> Miscellaneous Stuff -> Debug Parameters ->
Show Misc. Values [ * ]
The values of phy_status[0..2] should be shown on LCD

2) Plug/Unplug USB cable and tell me which value changed. Knowing the value with and without USB cable, we can define the mask.
None of the values change. I pondered wether the USB is broken but then recalled that on another camera I had to switch to play mode to get CHDKPTP to connect, that is to get the camera to talk to the PC. So I set the camera to play mode and tested again.

In play mode PS1:0x000affe becomes PS1:0x000aefe upon USB cable plug-in.
In any of the shooting modes PS1:0x000affe stays unchanged no matter what I do with the USB cable.

I know little of the hardware of these cameras but given the fact that the dial switch to change between modes is directly next to the USB port it seems feasible that the port gets physically deactivated for the shooting modes.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

filewritetask() was not implemented, then remoteshoot -jpg does not work.
OK I didn't test CHDKPTP. I think it would work once filewritetask() is implemented but one would have to start out in play mode to connect. filewritetask() was not the primary objective of this thread, ETR was, but that was just because you asked about ETR capabilities. So it's up to you if you'd like to implement the filewritetask(). If you like we can follow up on this thread once we're through with one dealing with the missing filewritetask() implementations but we'll see.

Offline koshy

I'll continue with ixus800 and g7 later. Both cameras have the same bug, the patch to fix overrides behavior at short shutter press is wrong.
Sure, do that. The bug seemed the same on my end, too. ;-) I'll keep the two cameras ready.

Offline nafraf

In play mode PS1:0x000affe becomes PS1:0x000aefe upon USB cable plug-in.
In any of the shooting modes PS1:0x000affe stays unchanged no matter what I do with the USB cable.
Let's see if this works... Based on your observation, USB_MASK and USB_IDX were modified.
« Last Edit: 10 / August / 2014, 11:38:03 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

]Let's see if this works... Based on your observation, USB_MASK and USB_IDX were modified.
Same effect. USB plug-in / unplug in one of the shooting modes has no effect. Not on the Misc Debug Values nor on the USB remote. In play mode I get the values I reported... I'm curious as to wether it's the same on IXUS 750. We'll see.
« Last Edit: 03 / August / 2014, 07:16:53 by koshy »

Offline nafraf

Test version for ixus750_sd550 100g
« Last Edit: 10 / August / 2014, 11:38:14 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

Test version for ixus750_sd550 100g
- Verify long exposure
Done, 00:01:31 worked just fine

- Verify that a DNG is saved when you press the shutter quickly without waiting for auto-focus
Yes, that works. 5 full and half presses => 5 DNGs

- Verify USB remote switch operation
This works on the IXUS 750

Other than on the Ixus 700 the USB Plug-in / unplug does trigger the Misc Debug Value PS1 in shooting mode on the IXUS 750. PS1:0x24348f9e became PS1:0x24748f9e in my test and the remote feature worked just fine.