Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 30 Cams || 0 to go :-) - page 16 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 30 Cams || 0 to go :-)

• 184 Replies

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 30 Cams || 3 to go :-)
« Reply #150 on: 12 / August / 2014, 07:52:52 »
Advertisements
Quote from: nafraf
Please try this version: A1000 100b
- Verify long exposure
Done, 00:01:31 worked just fine

- Verify that a DNG is saved when you press the shutter quickly without waiting for auto-focus
Yes, that works. 5 full and half presses => 5 DNGs

- Verify USB remote switch operation
This also works on the A1000

CHDKPTP worked shooting both JPEG and DNG.

movie_rec.c rewritten, please test movie functions too. Thanks.
Quality 5 and Quality 70 worked, giving distinctly different video file sizes on two 5 sec recordings.

I think this one is done, too. I marked it accordingly.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #151 on: 12 / August / 2014, 08:06:31 »
Oh one thing I found confusing on A1000. In ALT mode the menu button does not present the CHDK menu. The Disp button does that. Is that on purpose or a mix up?
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "Extended TV Range" (ETR): 30 Cams || 6 to go :-)
« Reply #152 on: 12 / August / 2014, 10:15:23 »
Yes. IXUS 960 is the next. Please test it.  Thanks
O.k. this one needs to be revisited. Full shutter press without waiting for AF does not write a DNG with this version. Half Shutter press (AF) then full press writes a DNG just fine.

Apart from G7 Ixus 800 which had the same bug, A720 which I intended to test first the above remains.
The re-written version for IXUS 960 didn't work before and we didn't follow up on it yet. (We had the one that worked but nafraf felt should be improved)

Offline nafraf

« Reply #153 on: 12 / August / 2014, 10:30:44 »
Oh one thing I found confusing on A1000. In ALT mode the menu button does not present the CHDK menu. The Disp button does that. Is that on purpose or a mix up?
KEY_DISP and KEY_MENU seem to be mixed up. I don't see a reason for that.
On most cams, KEY_MENU is used to activate menu, and KEY_DISP is used to back one level up.
Please test if KEY_DISP and KEY_MENU works fine on this version.

Offline koshy

« Reply #154 on: 12 / August / 2014, 10:58:25 »
Please test if KEY_DISP and KEY_MENU works fine on this version.
Yes that fixes that. Thank you.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #155 on: 12 / August / 2014, 18:51:36 »
 Thanks. A1000 changes committed to trunk. Changeset 3581

New test version for g7 100i.

Offline koshy

« Reply #156 on: 12 / August / 2014, 19:16:02 »
- Verify long exposure
Override TV type LongExp isn't included on the menu.

- Verify that a DNG is saved when you press the shutter quickly without waiting for auto-focus
Yes, that works. 4 full and half presses => 4 DNGs

- Verify USB remote switch operation
This also works on the G7

Offline nafraf

« Reply #157 on: 12 / August / 2014, 19:25:05 »
- Verify long exposure
Override TV type LongExp isn't included on the menu.
My fault. Please test this version.

Offline koshy

« Reply #158 on: 13 / August / 2014, 10:13:59 »
My fault. Please test this version.
Don't worry about it. The new version has the menu entry but ETR doesn't work yet. USB remote and DNG half shutter still work.

Offline koshy

« Reply #159 on: 14 / August / 2014, 13:47:43 »
I finally compiled the current trunk for A720 with the patch to re-enable ETR. The problem described on the thread nafraf pointed out still exists.

As soon as I switch this current ETR-enabled version to video mode live view stays but everything else locks up. Using the mode dial eventually crashed the whole camera thereafter.

What I would do if I had the skills to do it - which I don't - would be rewriting either ETR or the Movie related things - or both - from scratch (using codegen? picked that up...) and then I'd see if that worked. I think I wouldn't try to hunt down what causes this but if you see that differently I'll assist in any way I can.