Scripts loosing button control in Manual Mode. - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Scripts loosing button control in Manual Mode.

• 3 Replies
Scripts loosing button control in Manual Mode.
« on: 26 / April / 2008, 02:53:58 »
Advertisements
Have a problem.. many scripts in "manual mode" lose the ability to control the options after a photo shot is taken. I'm trying to get the basic "HDR with stacking" script to run but the scripts looses the ability to edit or "button press" the manual OSD taking the first photo. I think I may be able to get the script to regain control of the manual screen by getting it to press the "Function button" but then I would also have to get it to drop down to Exp by pressing down and then pressing left to drop the exposure for the next shot then take the photo, and go through the whole process of recapturing the original firmware OSD rather then the ALT OSD. this may really make for a sloppy scripts.

Is this a know issue with some scripts loosing control of the original OSD firmware (scripts that rely on actual button press to edit settings)

I'm using this on a SD850 IS which in my personal opinion is relatively unsupported because this camera just got official builds.

also using Allbest 50 btw if that makes any difference.

sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't really find this issue in a quick search of this forum. that or I didn't search the right terms.

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
Re: Scripts loosing button control in Manual Mode.
« Reply #1 on: 26 / April / 2008, 08:24:28 »
I am not sure I get your point ...

As far as I know, the "press" statement only applies to keypresses in the original canon software.

I mean, with those keys you can browse the menu of original Canon software but NOT the menu of CHDK, if that is what you are trying to do.

« Reply #2 on: 26 / April / 2008, 15:46:13 »
Not trying to control CHDK menu. but the Original Canon Software by button presses. after the scripts takes the first photo the scripts isn't able to button press again to drop the exposure on the Original Cannon Software Manual Screen Menu. It works the first time but second photo and every shot after that end up the same because the script can't press buttons on the Original Cannon Software. I think I might have found a sloppy solution to have the scripts press the "print button" that becomes the <ALT> button  twice.. I'm going to rewrite the script and and try to add another option to take a user defined number of exposure per exposure level for photo averaging propose.

Idea is to take 3 pics per exposure drop.
average the 3 exposure in one level to (reduce noise)
then combine each final average into one HDR.

I have no clue if this will make a extra crispy or sharper cleaner HDR but it's something I want to try.

« Reply #3 on: 26 / April / 2008, 19:09:17 »
well I found a script that did work while trying to read up on some example and trying to actually find a command list.. but if I change anything I will let others know.. this topic should be ignored for now. sorry but scripts don't loose control just the button presses don't act the same as the script expected.