Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go

• 258 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 50 to go
« Reply #10 on: 19 / August / 2014, 17:13:19 »
Advertisements
Could someone group my above list into " not likely to be affected" by multi-write bug and likely to be affected by multi-write bug? Maybe just PM me that information and I'll update the initial post accordingly. The camera feature Table just has DryOS yes/no so I don't know about DryOs versions. I'll group the vxworks cams out of the long list.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/P-ID_%28Table%29 has dryos revs and is sorted by release date, which is generally a good indicator of which cameras are similar.

I'm not sure the exact range of version known to be affected by this bug (and we don't necessarily know the full range), but you should be able to get pretty close from Nafrafs remote shoot issue list http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/User:Nafraf/RemoteShootIssues and the PID table.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

« Reply #11 on: 19 / August / 2014, 17:38:44 »
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/P-ID_%28Table%29 has dryos revs and is sorted by release date, which is generally a good indicator of which cameras are similar.
Thanks for the link.
AFAIK this is older cameras (dryos R31 and earlier, vxworks?) and newer ones that using the original multiple file write code. (r50-ish and later?)
I grouped by these versions and the interesting thing is that only 7 of the 50 cams listed are >R31 && <R50. Most are either vxworks or Dryos <=R31.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline nafraf

« Reply #12 on: 19 / August / 2014, 23:43:56 »
I think the following steps are enough to test remote capture, the same steps should be executed using single capture and continuous shooting mode:

• Connect to camera using chdkptp
  • Go to REC mode
  • Set single capture | Set continuous shooting mode
  • Set maximum resolution
  • Set maximum quality
  • Remote capture (jpg)
  • Back to play mode
  • Check if camera connection is working

Offline nafraf

« Reply #13 on: 20 / August / 2014, 13:14:13 »
FWT support patch for a610, a620, a640, a710.

Offline koshy

« Reply #14 on: 21 / August / 2014, 19:55:04 »
I think the following steps are enough to test remote capture, the same steps should be executed using single capture and continuous shooting mode:

• Connect to camera using chdkptp
  • Go to REC mode
  • Set single capture | Set continuous shooting mode
  • Set maximum resolution
  • Set maximum quality
  • Remote capture (jpg)
  • Back to play mode
  • Check if camera connection is working
Testing process completed on A610. Both single and continuous modes. When I go back to play mode the cam displays "Unidentified Image" with a question mark icon but the connection keeps working and I can go back to Rec mode etc.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #15 on: 21 / August / 2014, 20:04:59 »
Testing process completed on A620. Both single and continuous modes. When I go back to play mode the cam displays "Unidentified Image" with a question mark icon but the connection keeps working and I can go back to Rec mode etc. - just as on A610. Interestingly the "Unidentified Image" shows number of JPEG shots I took but can't display them of course. It doesn't seem to choke on this.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #16 on: 21 / August / 2014, 20:11:40 »
With current CHDK version, "Unidentified Image" happens on all models. Camera expects a image which was not saved on SD-Card.

It is possible to create a script to test remote capture, something like this:
Code: [Select]
> rec
> luar set_prop(require("propcase").RESOLUTION,0)
> luar set_prop(require("propcase").QUALITY,0)
>TODO: "PTM FUNCTION to Set Single capture or Continuous shoot"
> rs -jpg /tmp/
> play
> list

Offline koshy

« Reply #17 on: 21 / August / 2014, 20:14:31 »
Testing process completed on A640. Both single and continuous modes. Same findings as on A610 and A620.
Different for A640 was the UI overlay it worked but didn't update properly so that I had to look at the camera screen when setting the stuff up. That worked smoothly on A610 and A620. With A640 I got soem ALT mode read out that would stick or a previous display state of FUNCT where I already moved around on camera using CHDKPTP cursor button replacements. Again on the camera all worked just the live UI overlay didn't.

Offline koshy

« Reply #18 on: 21 / August / 2014, 20:26:06 »
Testing process completed on A710. Both single and continuous modes. Same findings as on A610 and A620. No problems with UI overlay. Well, that makes 4 more FWTs tested.

Offline reyalp

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 46 to go
« Reply #19 on: 21 / August / 2014, 22:51:44 »
Probably obvious, but just in case: for continuous mode you should test a burst of several shots, like
rs -jpg -cont=5
Don't forget what the H stands for.