Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go - page 4 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go

• 258 Replies

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 46 to go
« Reply #30 on: 23 / August / 2014, 19:27:39 »
Advertisements
edit:
re "Another note on the IXUS 100: I couldn't select any modes in CHDKPTP. The mode pull down was empty in rec mode."
Are there any messages in the console area?

There are two common causes of this
1) The capmode lua library is missing, probably due to not having a full install on the SD card.
2) The camera has very low free memory, and so cannot load the capmode module.

Both will give you an error about the capmode script, but you can use
=return get_meminfo()
to check the amount of memory available.
The patch was for one year old trunk 3042 and that's what I applied it to (just to make sure this is known).

No messages in the console area (screen shot attached)
I'm certain that a full CHDK is on the SD card.

=return get_meminfo() returns:
Code: [Select]
3:return:table:{chdk_start=2627132,free_size=315648,chdk_size=150840,allocated_size=1326160,free_block_count=16,name="combined",allocated_count=1467,chdk_malloc=true,free_block_max_size=313472,allocated_peak=1387728,total_size=1641808,}
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 46 to go
« Reply #31 on: 23 / August / 2014, 19:57:19 »
The patch was for one year old trunk 3042 and that's what I applied it to (just to make sure this is known).
Thanks. I don't think that should matter.
No messages in the console area (screen shot attached)
Did you try scrolling up, the console scrolling is a bit weird sometimes.

You can use
gui_verbose=2
before connecting to make the gui output more diagnostic messages, although I think something should be printed if getting the mode list fails.

From your get_meminfo, there is ~300k available, which is a bit low, but shouldn't prevent you from loading the file.

Some additional things you can try

make sure the OS heap has enough
=return get_meminfo'system'.free_block_max_size

make sure CHDK can access the file
=return os.stat'A/CHDK/LUALIB/CAPMODE.LUA'

make sure it can be loaded.
 =return require'capmode'.name_to_mode
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 50 to go
« Reply #32 on: 23 / August / 2014, 19:58:23 »
That crash in spytask (chdk code), so it's not the usual remoteshoot playback mode crash (http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11481.0). Possibly worth more investigation, but figuring out where it happened will require the core/main.bin.dump from that build, and possibly the modules.log.
Where do I find that? (core/main.bin.dump)

Note if you aren't already, it's a good idea to enable module logging when testing: chdk menu->miscellaneous->modules->enable logging. This records the load addresses of CHDK modules so you can match them up with stack traces.
OK I turned it on. Didn't know I should.

I can recreate the crash now. Click panic between rec and play will crash the cam. I think I was just too fast on trying to switch from play back to rec or to play after shooting. Whatever I did I needed to take out the cam's battery and didn't get a new ROMLOG for the new crash. But it seems unrelated to FWT.
« Last Edit: 23 / August / 2014, 20:09:58 by koshy »
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 45 to go
« Reply #33 on: 23 / August / 2014, 20:04:47 »
You can use
gui_verbose=2
before connecting to make the gui output more diagnostic messages, although I think something should be printed if getting the mode list fails.

From your get_meminfo, there is ~300k available, which is a bit low, but shouldn't prevent you from loading the file.

Some additional things you can try

make sure the OS heap has enough
=return get_meminfo'system'.free_block_max_size

make sure CHDK can access the file
=return os.stat'A/CHDK/LUALIB/CAPMODE.LUA'

make sure it can be loaded.
 =return require'capmode'.name_to_mode
Results are attached.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #34 on: 23 / August / 2014, 20:21:21 »
It should be in your build directory after you build.  If you are using CHDKShell, see http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Debugging#Locating_CHDK_code_from_romlog_addresses

I can recreate the crash now. Click panic between rec and play will crash the cam. I think I was just too fast on trying to switch from play back to rec or to play after shooting. Whatever I did I needed to take out the cam's battery and didn't get a new ROMLOG for the new crash. But it seems unrelated to FWT.
OK, if it doesn't create a romlog, then my previous comments don't matter anyway. I'm not really surprised that switching rapidly causes a crash.

Regarding the mod switch issue. verbose command should be
set gui_verbose=2

From your output, it's not one of the usual problems. Verbose may show something.

Offline koshy

« Reply #35 on: 23 / August / 2014, 20:47:47 »
It should be in your build directory after you build.  If you are using CHDKShell, see
Ah, it's called dump-ixus120_sd940-103b.txt. I'm attaching it if it's still useful.
I'm not really surprised that switching rapidly causes a crash.
Neither am I. I think that is what it comes down to. I was too quick with the buttons. It worked many times thereafter...

Offline koshy

« Reply #36 on: 23 / August / 2014, 20:53:56 »
Regarding the mod switch issue. verbose command should be
set gui_verbose=2

From your output, it's not one of the usual problems. Verbose may show something.
It gives me:
> set gui_verbose=2
update mode dropdown 0
update mode dropdown nil
update mode dropdown 0
Where the 0 comes up when entering shooting mode and the nil when entering play mode.
So the sequence above was Rec > Play > Rec.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #37 on: 23 / August / 2014, 21:59:55 »
Ah, it's called dump-ixus120_sd940-103b.txt. I'm attaching it if it's still useful.
That romlog is quite strange.
Exception 4 is invalid instruction
The PC is 0xFF9CB944
The actual exception should have been on the immediately preceding instruction, which is
FF9CB940                 BLX     R12
This is a valid  ARM instruction. R12 in the romlog is 4 which suggests this bit of code jumped directly to the invalid instruction handler, rather than there being an actual exception involved.

Nothing in the stack or registers looks like a CHDK address. In fact, the stack looks suspiciously empty of real data.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #38 on: 23 / August / 2014, 22:15:04 »
Where the 0 comes up when entering shooting mode and the nil when entering play mode.
After switching to rec, try:
=c=require'capmode' return c.get(),c.get_name(),c.get_canon()

Offline koshy

« Reply #39 on: 24 / August / 2014, 08:32:57 »
After switching to rec, try:
=c=require'capmode' return c.get(),c.get_name(),c.get_canon()
> =c=require'capmode' return c.get(),c.get_name(),c.get_canon()
3:return:0
3:return:'UNKNOWN'
3:return:32772