Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go - page 5 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go

• 258 Replies

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 45 to go
« Reply #40 on: 24 / August / 2014, 08:53:47 »
Advertisements
Code: [Select]
=set_levent_script_mode(1)
=set_levent_active(0x1085,0)
=switch_mode_usb(1)
This takes the S80 into shooting mode when in CHDKPTP. Even if I switch to Play mode after doing that without shooting remotely the connection to the camera is lost. The camera does switch to play mode though.

Edit: S80 battery is empty, got to recharge a bit before testing remote shooting.
I tried the remote capture. The shot gets actuated but the data stays on the SD card. After a little while I get:
WARNING: capture_get_data error C:\Users\web\Downloads\chdkptp-r599-win32\lua\chdku.lua:1123: timed out
ERROR: C:\Users\web\Downloads\chdkptp-r599-win32\lua\chdku.lua:1123: timed out

After that is resolved I still lack a way to go to play mode without loosing the camera connection for the complete tests. (connection is loast no matter if a shot was taken or not. Going to Rec mode with the above and goind to play mode thereafter suffices to loose the connection)
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline nafraf

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 46 to go
« Reply #41 on: 24 / August / 2014, 11:13:26 »
From your get_meminfo, there is ~300k available, which is a bit low, but shouldn't prevent you from loading the file.
On ixus120 it is possible to load CHDK in ARAM. This patch includes fwt supports and CHDK is loaded in ARAM.  It applies cleanly to trunk 3593.

Please check the amount of memory available using this patch.

Offline koshy

« Reply #42 on: 24 / August / 2014, 12:08:16 »
Please check the amount of memory available using this patch.
2:return:table:{chdk_start=2466460,free_size=529208,chdk_size=151664,allocated_size=1316504,free_block_count=14,name="combined",allocated_count=1447,chdk_malloc=true,free_block_max_size=526568,allocated_peak=1380240,total_size=1845784,}
Re-iterated the other tests, too. Screen shot is attached.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline nafraf

« Reply #43 on: 24 / August / 2014, 12:18:09 »
Please try this patch.

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 50 to go
« Reply #44 on: 24 / August / 2014, 13:26:00 »
Very good the patch fixes the mode list in CHDKPTP. I can now select video mode, P etc.

I then re-tested the camera.

CHDKPTP: rec / Remote shoot JPEG single / play / rec => worked
CHDKPTP: rec / rs -jpg -cont=5 / play / rec => crashed
The shooting in continuous mode worked just fine.

Where it actually crashed is going back from play to rec mode. I am pretty certain that my initial assessment that this crash was the same as the click panic crashes I produced later on is wrong. I waited 5 seconds in Play mode before going back to Rec mode and then it crashed. This one produced a ROMLOG again and it starts with Spytask again, too. So this should be the reproduction of yesterday's issue. Well, you'll see I'm attaching all the logs.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #45 on: 11 / September / 2014, 23:23:00 »
Patch for ixus970.

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 50 to go
« Reply #46 on: 12 / September / 2014, 19:02:53 »
Patch for ixus970.
Thanks.

It's been long enough so I'll quote the testing routine I'm following.

I think the following steps are enough to test remote capture, the same steps should be executed using single capture and continuous shooting mode:

• Connect to camera using chdkptp
  • Go to REC mode
  • Set single capture | Set continuous shooting mode
  • Set maximum resolution
  • Set maximum quality
  • Remote capture (jpg)
  • Back to play mode
  • Check if camera connection is working

Where in continuous mode we shoot multiple JPEGs like this:

Probably obvious, but just in case: for continuous mode you should test a burst of several shots, like
rs -jpg -cont=5

I did that on the Ixus 970 and everything worked just fine. On CHDKPTP overlay colors were fine, too.
Live View worked with just a few garbled lines at the bottom. See screen cap.

I think I970 can be crossed off the list.

Offline nafraf

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 44 to go
« Reply #47 on: 13 / September / 2014, 13:39:11 »
Thanks. ixus970_sd980 changes committed to trunk. Changeset 3610

Please test the patch for A480.

EDIT: patch for ixus95_sd1200.
« Last Edit: 13 / September / 2014, 18:17:58 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

« Reply #48 on: 14 / September / 2014, 19:33:13 »
Please test the patch for A480.
I'm sorry but it turned out that my A480 is broken in more respects than I had thought (not agood buy). The lens makes an awful sound when protruding and extruding but the USB sink also is loose when I plug in a cable. USB remote does not work and the camera is not recognized by the PC. I think the USB port is broken so I can't test FWT with this model. I'd have to replace the camera first...

Offline koshy

« Reply #49 on: 14 / September / 2014, 19:37:29 »
EDIT: patch for ixus95_sd1200.
FWT worked just fine on the IXUS 95 in both single shot and continuous shot mode.
Palette is wrong for CHDKPTP though, see attachment.
« Last Edit: 14 / September / 2014, 19:39:29 by koshy »