Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go - page 11 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go

• 258 Replies

Offline nafraf

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 34 to go
« Reply #100 on: 01 / October / 2014, 23:16:27 »
Advertisements
Please test if this patch fix g7 bitmap and palette issues.

Offline koshy

Re: Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 50 Cams || 44 to go
« Reply #101 on: 02 / October / 2014, 14:02:47 »
Please test the patch for A480.
I'm sorry but it turned out that my A480 is broken in more respects than I had thought (not agood buy). The lens makes an awful sound when protruding and extruding but the USB sink also is loose when I plug in a cable. USB remote does not work and the camera is not recognized by the PC. I think the USB port is broken so I can't test FWT with this model. I'd have to replace the camera first...
As nobody acted on the A480 patch. I just got another A480 for below EUR 20 including shipping on Ebay so I'll test your patch sometime next week and can also get rid of my broken camera...
I now have a working A480. FWT works fine with your patch - both in single and in continuous mode using "rs -jpg -cont=5".

There is a problem with the palette on the A480 though. See attached screen shot.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #102 on: 02 / October / 2014, 14:35:26 »
No I think it doesn't. UI Overlay produces an interesting pixel noise pattern.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #103 on: 02 / October / 2014, 14:42:44 »
A second try to fix a1000 bitmap issues. Please test it and report.
Thank you. With it I still don't see all UI items. The attached screen shot was taken after using the SET button in CHDKPTP. On the camera everything shows normally.

Offline koshy

« Reply #104 on: 02 / October / 2014, 15:11:44 »
Patch for a2100. This is practically a new port, then more tests are required: video features, capture overrides, raw capture, fwt, etc.
Looks good, just yet another palette problem see attached screenshot.

Here is what I tested:

- A2100 boots both using power and play button
- A2100 shoots DNG on quick full shutter press without waiting for AF
- A2100 shoots DNG on regular camera operation
- Video Quality overrides (5 and 90) were tested and work
- ETR was tested with 00:01:31 and worked
- FWT was tested in single and continuous mode
    - it worked including switching to playback and back to Rec mode afterwards
- remote DNG capture works

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #105 on: 02 / October / 2014, 16:36:05 »
No I think it doesn't. UI Overlay produces an interesting pixel noise pattern.
You could help nafraf better by providing some RAM content (he could quickly check whether the address he found can be correct).
I think 4MB from address 0 is likely enough (fw variables and the bitmap buffers are usually within that range).
I'd recommend taking two memory snapshots: rec mode, before and after entering the shooting menu.
miscellaneous -> debug parameters -> ram dump settings ->
start address = 0, dump size = 0x400000

and of course
miscellaneous -> debug parameters -> ALT +/- debug action [DmpRAM]
You could use
this file host for example.

« Reply #106 on: 02 / October / 2014, 17:01:47 »
Looks good, just yet another palette problem see attached screenshot.
That's usually what you see when the CHDK Custom Palette overwrites colors that the Canon menus want to use.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline koshy

« Reply #107 on: 02 / October / 2014, 18:34:29 »
You could help nafraf better by providing some RAM content (he could quickly check whether the address he found can be correct).
I think 4MB from address 0 is likely enough (fw variables and the bitmap buffers are usually within that range).
I'd recommend taking two memory snapshots: rec mode, before and after entering the shooting menu.
Sure, thanks for pointing this out.

@nafraf let me know if this is useful and for what other cams you'd like the same.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #108 on: 02 / October / 2014, 23:11:45 »
There is a problem with the palette on the A480 though. See attached screen shot.
Please test this patch. Probably palette type is wrong, the patch set palette_type=4.

Offline koshy

« Reply #109 on: 03 / October / 2014, 08:13:14 »
Please test this patch. Probably palette type is wrong, the patch set palette_type=4.
Visually it's simmilar. See screen cap.

How would I get a RAM dump on A480?
Alt mode reads: DISP ALT +/- debug action [DmpRAM]
There is no disp button nor is there a +/- button on the A480...