Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go - page 26 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go

• 258 Replies

Offline koshy

Advertisements
Patch to s80. version 4.

Upon shooting JPEG remotely the JPEG gets stored on the SD card but the transfer times out.

Code: [Select]
> =set_levent_script_mode(1)
> =set_levent_active(0x1085,0)
> =switch_mode_usb(1)
WARNING: capture_get_data error C:\Users\web\Downloads\chdkptp-r658-win32\lua\chdku.lua:1339: timed out
ERROR: C:\Users\web\Downloads\chdkptp-r658-win32\lua\chdku.lua:1339: timed out

Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Tested FWT in Ixus 300 (from: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5574.msg137294#msg137294)

CHDKPTP: rec / Remote shoot JPEG single / play / rec => worked
CHDKPTP: rec / rs -jpg -cont=5 / play / rec => worked
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline nafraf

Please test new patch for a550. :-[
Last test report of fwt with this camera: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11831.msg123271#msg123271

Offline koshy

Last test report of fwt with this camera: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11831.msg123271#msg123271
Thanks, I'll arrive at A550 with the short shutter tests soon and will test this, too. The S80 business side tracked me.

Offline koshy

Alright, finally - sorry for the delay.

A550

- as mentioned before only powers on using play button
    - but if Usb cable is plugged in that works fine
- FWT works in single and continuous mode
    - JPEGs get written and transferred

It turns out that:
- generally on switching to Play from Rec causes the CHDKPTP connection to be dropped
- often is not a crash, one can press connect again and is in Play, press Rec and go on
- sometimes there is a crash in just going connect / rec / play (drop)
- somehow this is intertwined with FWT, in continuous mode the crashes are more frequent

I'll just attach a couple of the ROMLOGs

What's displayed on UI overlay no longer alternates between odd and even button presses

Offline koshy

Alright, finally - sorry for the delay.
@nafraf did you ever have a chance to look at the A550 stuff we exchanged last?

Offline nafraf

Hi koshy,ROMLOG show error in PTPSession. I saw that reyalp worked with ptp buffers in trunk, could you test if with current version you see the same errors?I did not change the code, just update the patch to current version.

Offline koshy

Hi koshy,ROMLOG show error in PTPSession. I saw that reyalp worked with ptp buffers in trunk, could you test if with current version you see the same errors?I did not change the code, just update the patch to current version.
Sure, I'll do that. Great reading from you :)
« Last Edit: 17 / November / 2019, 15:51:54 by koshy »

Offline koshy

I did not change the code, just update the patch to current version.
I tested it and this is still accurate:

- generally on switching to Play from Rec causes the CHDKPTP connection to be dropped
- often it is not a crash, one can press connect again and is in Play, press Rec and go on
- sometimes there is a crash in just going connect / rec / play (drop)

I wrote before that crashes are more requent with continuous, I did not re-evaluate that. Just Connect / Rec / Play Connection lost three times in a row caused a crash.