SX260-HS - Intervalometer crash due to Memory Card Error - page 3 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX260-HS - Intervalometer crash due to Memory Card Error

• 29 Replies
Re: SX260-HS - Intervalometer crash due to Memory Card Error
« Reply #20 on: 20 / September / 2014, 13:03:38 »
Advertisements
I downloaded and tried to run EOScard (v1.40); it recognizes the correct drive/format/size from the onset, but starts with an error message ('FAT32 VBR load failed'; see attached).
Looking at the attached image,  it does not appear like you have selected the FAT32 and SCRIPT check box options?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline AndyC

« Reply #21 on: 20 / September / 2014, 13:12:48 »
Both the File systems and Strings of the options are non-selectable when the EOScard tool first loads.
Refresh doesn't change anything, I've tried downloading the tool again, and reformatted my card, but still the same.

« Reply #22 on: 20 / September / 2014, 13:17:33 »
Both the File systems and Strings of the options are non-selectable when the EOScard tool first loads.
Refresh doesn't change anything, I've tried downloading the tool again, and reformatted my card, but still the same.
How did you reformat your card?  In the camera or on your PC?  Have you tried both methods?  (Grasping at straws here).

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #23 on: 20 / September / 2014, 13:26:33 »
Let's make it easier. Here's a Lua script (to be used from CHDK):
Code: [Select]
call_event_proc("System.Create")
f=call_event_proc("Fopen_Fut","A/PRIMARY.BIN","w")
call_event_proc("Fwrite_Fut",0xff000000,0x1000000,1,f)
call_event_proc("Fclose_Fut",f)
Native calls are necessary to run this.

Offline AndyC

« Reply #24 on: 20 / September / 2014, 13:50:30 »
I had tried the reformatting with both the camera (low level) and computer (Windows 7), but still no change.

Let's make it easier. Here's a Lua script
Possible understatement there:-) the log files are to big to upload here so I've put them on Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/654q2gn2plylxqu/AADArVEBan2roLqaWODiQPr7a?dl=0)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #25 on: 20 / September / 2014, 14:44:14 »
The firmware dump looks fine, the main firmware is not corrupted.

edit:
You might be enabling subject distance override by accident, try disabling 'CHDK settings' -> 'Enable half-press shortcut keys'. You can also try upgrading to a current CHDK 1.3 release.
« Last Edit: 20 / September / 2014, 19:27:12 by srsa_4c »

Offline AndyC

« Reply #26 on: 21 / September / 2014, 19:46:24 »
So I went back to the one proposed solution I hadn't yet tried - resetting CHDK settings to default.

Maybe my camera's just having another good day, but I've tried ~20 tests with (i) USB trigger via native CHDK support, (ii) intervalometer scripts & (iii) USB trigger scripts and they're all currently working fine...
I'll update if I'm able to find out what CHDK setting restarts the issue.
Thanks for the help.

Offline AndyC

« Reply #27 on: 21 / September / 2014, 20:13:51 »
The problem comes back when GPS geotagging (but not track logging) is enabled via the CHDK.
(I've tested with/without six times, every time with there's an issue, every time without there's no problem).

I can live without the camera's geotagging, but I'd be interested if there was a solution; I guess many CHDK users don't need (battery eating) GPS?

(I experimented with different time increments in the 'Time to change to play-m' and 'time to deactivate backl' parameters, but it didn't seem to change when the camera crashed in relation to shooting...)

« Reply #28 on: 22 / September / 2014, 17:56:45 »
I can live without the camera's geotagging, but I'd be interested if there was a solution; I guess many CHDK users don't need (battery eating) GPS?
Most of the 110 or so cameras that support CHDK don't even have GPS available.   So the user base who have even experimented with this is likely to be pretty small.

« Reply #29 on: 25 / September / 2014, 15:01:08 »
I'm also experimenting a "memory card error" for a couple of days (with SDM however).
first tests show that another card (slower) with similar content doesn't have the same pb. tried to re format and reinstall but problem still there.