sx700 porting - page 15 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

sx700 porting

• 184 Replies

Offline ftm

Re: sx700 porting
« Reply #140 on: 19 / March / 2018, 22:53:55 »
Advertisements

If anyone with a 100e camera can check (@ftm?) whether shooting with the flash works, that would also be helpful.

reyalp -- Thanks for this. I did test this version r5003 on my SX700HS. No problems taking pictures in Flash mode. I put it in Manual as well as P mode. Also did both RAW and JPEG.

« Reply #141 on: 20 / March / 2018, 18:32:58 »
Sorry, I don't know in which part I was yesterday, but I have try this morning and the flash works...maybe I was in Bracketting mode ?
I must learn using before post, I think!

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #142 on: 20 / March / 2018, 20:20:05 »
Sorry, I don't know in which part I was yesterday, but I have try this morning and the flash works...maybe I was in Bracketting mode ?
It would still be helpful if you could get a ROMLOG. Execute the following in CHDK menu: Miscellaneous stuff -> Debug Parameters -> Save ROM crash log. If you then find a file named ROMLOG.LOG in the card's root directory, upload it here.

« Reply #143 on: 22 / March / 2018, 14:10:16 »
Hi,
Sorry to be late but my firmware was in Ukrainian, not easy to return in english...
But at last, i have doing the romlog

Offline reyalp

« Reply #144 on: 22 / March / 2018, 16:10:30 »
Hi,
Sorry to be late but my firmware was in Ukrainian, not easy to return in english...
But at last, i have doing the romlog
Thanks.
Do you know if the time in the romlog matches when the problem with flash happened?
Code: [Select]
Occured Time  2018:03:19 12:40:23
It might be an hour off from the camera clock depending on the daylight saving setting.

Error 9 appears to be    JPEGTimeOut http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_error_codes (edit: see below)
I have some memory of this error being triggered by CHDK bugs in the past.

One thing that might make a difference whether the crash is triggered or not might be whether you wait for the camera to focus after half press, or just push the button quickly without waiting.
« Last Edit: 25 / March / 2018, 19:15:36 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #145 on: 22 / March / 2018, 17:35:18 »
Error 9 appears to be    JPEGTimeOut
I traced back the
"\nHARDWARE DEFECT!! ShutdownReason[%d] ErrorNo[%d]\n"string and to me it looks like the shutdownreason is a condition code evaluated in task_Bye. ErrorNo is likely the actual error code. Which, in this case, is zero (resolves to NoError).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #146 on: 25 / March / 2018, 19:22:47 »
Error 9 appears to be    JPEGTimeOut
I traced back the
"\nHARDWARE DEFECT!! ShutdownReason[%d] ErrorNo[%d]\n"string and to me it looks like the shutdownreason is a condition code evaluated in task_Bye. ErrorNo is likely the actual error code. Which, in this case, is zero (resolves to NoError).
Hmm. That's possible. All the previous instances of HARDWARE DEFECT errors I found on the forum with a google site: search seem to ShutdownReason[9] with a variety of non-zero ErrorNo values.

For @Avel Biz and @stevesteve: Some things you could test are described on http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing

Any feedback would be appreciated.

« Reply #147 on: 22 / April / 2018, 06:08:30 »
Hi, and sorry for the reply time : I was in hollidays...
Well, I'll try the test this week.
Thanks for all

« Reply #148 on: 04 / August / 2018, 21:42:46 »
I bought my SX700 in 2014. Since I've been using CHDK on my SX100 for several years, I immediately started checking if it would be ported to my new camera. A couple of days ago (although I had given up hope after 4+ years) I checked again and to my surprise a port was available.
I tested it today (it's the untested build a couple of pages back for f/w 1.00d) and it seems to work quite well. I think the menu closed a couple of times unexpectedly but other than that it seems to be ok. I didn't do any in-depth testing, just took a couple of shots and played with the menus.
It seems the build has expired though so a fresh one is needed.  :D
Anyway, thanks for your effort in porting CHDK to our camera. I hope you continue to work on it (although the last post here is in April) and I can help with testing if needed.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #149 on: 04 / August / 2018, 22:39:40 »
I tested it today (it's the untested build a couple of pages back for f/w 1.00d) and it seems to work quite well. I think the menu closed a couple of times unexpectedly but other than that it seems to be ok. I didn't do any in-depth testing, just took a couple of shots and played with the menus.
Thanks for reporting. I enabled sx700 100d in the autobuild. It will be available from the autobuild server shortly in trunk build 5088

It's probably as functional as the other sx700 version, but if you can use it a little bit and report back I'll take the PREALPHA label off. Running the ubtest.bas script described on https://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing#ubtest.bas would probably be good enough.

Regarding the menu closing unexpectedly, I would suspect this is a drawing issue rather than the menu actually closing. Some drawing issues are expected, see https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12758.msg132871#msg132871 (post written about M10, but applies to other digic6 cameras too)