Installation help please for a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS

• 4 Replies
Installation help please for a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS
« on: 22 / October / 2014, 13:00:16 »
Advertisements
Hello all
  I'm glad to find the CHDK community.
  I down load file sx120is-100b-1.2.0-3659-full_BETA and unzip it to my camera's SD. After installing the SD in my camera, I activate the camera using the "play" button and find the menu item for firm update and select it. Then NOTHING. The CHDK file folder is on the SD along with a few other programs.
  Although I could probably find the solution in posts and manuals, I'd like to use CHDK before I get too old to remember why I'm trying to install it.

HELP
Macomb dave

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK inside
Re: Installation help please for a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS
« Reply #1 on: 22 / October / 2014, 14:18:39 »
The manual method 'Firm Update' not working properly for the SX120. You must prepare the sd card for auto start. Zeno's STICK does that job for you.

msl
German CHDK pages:  CHDK forum | CHDK inside | CHDK Twitter News by msl | Download CHDK-DE (Autobuild)
Note: SDM violates the GPL rules!

« Reply #2 on: 27 / October / 2014, 11:51:59 »
Thanks msd
  I tried to install stick, but my computer started doing strange things, like windows opening and closing them selves, blank screens then regular screens and other things. I have Windows 7.0 and think somewhere along the line I made some mod that I didn't intend to. Anyway, thank you for your advice. When I get a new computer, I'll try installing stick and CHDK again.

Macomb dave

« Reply #3 on: 27 / October / 2014, 11:53:54 »
OOOOPPPPSSS sorry msl I don't know where I got msd.

Macomb dave

« Reply #4 on: 27 / October / 2014, 13:07:32 »
There are other methods of installing CHDK that don't require the use of STICK : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16