Installation help please for a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Installation help please for a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS

• 4 Replies
Installation help please for a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS
« on: 22 / October / 2014, 13:00:16 »
Advertisements
Hello all
  I'm glad to find the CHDK community.
  I down load file sx120is-100b-1.2.0-3659-full_BETA and unzip it to my camera's SD. After installing the SD in my camera, I activate the camera using the "play" button and find the menu item for firm update and select it. Then NOTHING. The CHDK file folder is on the SD along with a few other programs.
  Although I could probably find the solution in posts and manuals, I'd like to use CHDK before I get too old to remember why I'm trying to install it.

HELP
Macomb dave

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
Re: Installation help please for a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS
« Reply #1 on: 22 / October / 2014, 14:18:39 »
The manual method 'Firm Update' not working properly for the SX120. You must prepare the sd card for auto start. Zeno's STICK does that job for you.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #2 on: 27 / October / 2014, 11:51:59 »
Thanks msd
  I tried to install stick, but my computer started doing strange things, like windows opening and closing them selves, blank screens then regular screens and other things. I have Windows 7.0 and think somewhere along the line I made some mod that I didn't intend to. Anyway, thank you for your advice. When I get a new computer, I'll try installing stick and CHDK again.

Macomb dave

« Reply #3 on: 27 / October / 2014, 11:53:54 »
OOOOPPPPSSS sorry msl I don't know where I got msd.

Macomb dave

« Reply #4 on: 27 / October / 2014, 13:07:32 »
There are other methods of installing CHDK that don't require the use of STICK : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16