Raw and DNG - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum  

Raw and DNG

• 4 Replies
Raw and DNG
« on: 08 / December / 2014, 08:34:38 »
Advertisements
Hi All, my first post,  so picked up a cheap canon A490 on the bay, managed all the steps to put CHDK 1.2 onto a 16gig card, using acid then stick, made it easier than I expected.  All good.

I now have a partitioned card, CHDK boots no problems....... untill..... well I would like to save raw's, can manage the CR2 & JPG in the same directory bit, usb camera to lappy, win7 64bit and can open the folder and see/pull off the JPG's & CR2's.   But no info in the CR2's these are CHDK raw's.   Unable to master dng4ps2-0.2.3-beta26 to convert to DNG's.

Take the option to save the raw's in DNG format & DNG extender,  using the same usb as above these files are somehow invisible, I have added the latest Adobe codec but unless I pull the card, use a card reader and wasp to swap the active partition..... then the DNG files are there all along, including some exif info...... good but a faf, change the active partition back, lock the card and back into camera to use again.

So (I know you were waiting for this bit) what do I need to do to allow the DNG raw's to show in explorer along side the CR2's & JPG's when usb connected to windows so I can just pull them across. (I also used my xp box and got the same result).

I hope there is a solution but am thinking this is just the way it is.  Thanks for your time.

Re: Raw and DNG
« Reply #1 on: 08 / December / 2014, 10:14:38 »
So (I know you were waiting for this bit) what do I need to do to allow the DNG raw's to show in explorer along side the CR2's & JPG's when usb connected to windows so I can just pull them across. (I also used my xp box and got the same result).
Use the CHDK RAW menu to cause the DNG to be saved with a CR2 extension and then rename it when it gets to your PC.  More info here :  DNG_file_extension
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 09 / December / 2014, 03:16:37 »
Thanks waterwingz,  did think that I had tried that - but sometimes I enable options and they don't stick first time, all working now,  must be the confidence of knowing that it will work, not just trying random things.

First couple of days, new camera, new software, slow learner etc,  all good now.

just need a batch 'change extender tool' for windows7

« Reply #3 on: 09 / December / 2014, 08:07:44 »
just need a batch 'change extender tool' for windows7
links > Let me google that for you.  :  Extension-Changer
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 09 / December / 2014, 11:48:06 »
Thanks again, very nice - thought someone may have offered a personal favorite,  somehow managed my own search and found the 'bulkrenameutility' that will do more than I will ever need including changing all the extenders in a folder at a click and without asking me to confirm this crazy action that may cause the end of the world.