1.4 development planning thread - page 20 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

1.4 development planning thread

• 195 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: 1.4 development planning thread
« Reply #190 on: 22 / November / 2015, 10:38:37 »
Advertisements
I wonder if it would be worth enabling for ixus110?
Since the current check_compat.c is in such a half-done state, I'd rather not touch it until the code is ready for all ports. That would include auto-generation of the pid_leds array, using additional camera_list.csv columns (hopefully that won't break the CHDK shell...).

I'm not against this, but I wonder how often it would help.
My guess: about as many times as a compatibility check  :-[
I suspect most things that are fixed by a re-install aren't actually due to corrupt files on the card.
One recent case I remember is this: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11081.msg125272#msg125272
Of course it's hard to guess what was going on.
An other recent case was mentioned in the IXUS160 thread (but that might be due to a real bug, who knows).
I guess there are some errors that could cause corruption in memory.
I agree, but I remember seeing "reinstall helped" too many times to ignore that possibility.

Tried checking ML in the meantime and only found evidence of a firmware compatibility check.
« Last Edit: 22 / November / 2015, 10:42:43 by srsa_4c »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #191 on: 25 / November / 2015, 16:08:42 »
I am considering releasing 1.4 on the 29th, subject to coordination with the auto build maintainers.

Based on activity in the announcement thread, I don't think an extended "release candidate" phase is going to gain much.

If anyone has objections, please post.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #192 on: 25 / November / 2015, 17:42:07 »
 :xmas
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #193 on: 29 / November / 2015, 01:58:04 »
1.4 is released. The new stable branch is http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdk/branches/release-1_4
The version is 1.4.1. I didn't include the .1 in the branch, since I don't expect we will ever use a different .x.

The trunk is now 1.5.0.

I'll hold off updating the wiki news, download and release pages until the autobuilds have been updated. Maintainers have been notified.

A snapshot of the final 1.3 autobuild is available from https://app.box.com/s/us49r04vwrjubikkc8sz1nyiav2hhuu9

:xmas

« Reply #194 on: 29 / November / 2015, 11:33:02 »
1.4 is released.
Very nice - thanks from all of us.

A new record I think ?   A major CHDK update in under a year!

One question though - the buildconf.inc file still has

Code: [Select]
#OPT_USE_GCC_EABI=1Is there any intent to change that?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #195 on: 29 / November / 2015, 13:36:52 »
One question though - the buildconf.inc file still has

Code: [Select]
#OPT_USE_GCC_EABI=1Is there any intent to change that?
Good catch. It's not required except for d6 cams, so we don't really need to change the default, but I do need to make sure the autobuild uses it.

Dropping support for the elf compilers eventually would simplify things. Maybe in 1.5.
edit:
OTOH, it's nice to be able to use a wide range of compilers in case of suspected compiler bugs, so it might be worth leaving it around for a while.