IXUS145/ELPH135 Porting attempt - page 13 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS145/ELPH135 Porting attempt

• 126 Replies
Re: IXUS145/ELPH135 Porting attempt
« Reply #120 on: 29 / March / 2017, 15:50:10 »
Advertisements
Everything seems to work well.

Later this week i will test the raw files in lightroom

« Reply #121 on: 19 / April / 2017, 05:42:35 »
Thanx a ton for the work going on here...just flashing it .....will check out ....

« Reply #122 on: 19 / April / 2017, 08:14:36 »
our device doesn't support modifying aperture ??

IXUS145/ELPH135 Porting attempt
« Reply #123 on: 19 / April / 2017, 08:53:07 »
The lower cost Powershots like the IXUS145 do not have an adjustable aperture.  However, the reported f-stop setting will change with zoom lens position.  It will also change if the interval ND filter is engaged.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #124 on: 19 / April / 2017, 09:35:47 »
The lower cost Powershots like the IXUS145 do not have an adjustable aperture.  However, the reported f-stop setting will change with zoom lens position.  It will also change if the interval ND filter is engaged.

thank u...sorry 4 stupid question....i'm a beginner....i tried shooting in raw...but the file size seems to be at max 4 mb ...its in format jpg.... i think raw should be shooting dmg ?...created badpixel.bin too...but no change.....any suggestions ?

« Reply #125 on: 19 / April / 2017, 10:13:51 »
sorry 4 stupid question....

That was not a stupid question at all. Many people have asked the same thing.  I actually had a somewhat famous camera reviewer basically call me a liar for pointing this out.

....i tried shooting in raw...but the file size seems to be at max 4 mb ...its in format jpg.... i think raw should be shooting dmg ?...created badpixel.bin too...but no change.....any suggestions ?
The Canon firmware will save a JPG image of every shot. CHDK will save the RAW or DNG file of the same image.  So there will be two files for each shot you take. 

If you are using a USB cable to transfer images from your camera to PC, you may now be able to see the RAW/DNG files. Try using an SD card reader.

Note that RAW/ DNG images can be stored in different locations on your SD card, selectable in the CHDK RAW menu.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #126 on: 19 / April / 2017, 10:23:41 »
sorry 4 stupid question....

That was not a stupid question at all. Many people have asked the same thing.  I actually had a somewhat famous camera reviewer basically call me a liar for pointing this out.

....i tried shooting in raw...but the file size seems to be at max 4 mb ...its in format jpg.... i think raw should be shooting dmg ?...created badpixel.bin too...but no change.....any suggestions ?
The Canon firmware will save a JPG image of every shot. CHDK will save the RAW or DNG file of the same image.  So there will be two files for each shot you take. 

If you are using a USB cable to transfer images from your camera to PC, you may now be able to see the RAW/DNG files. Try using an SD card reader.

Note that RAW/ DNG images can be stored in different locations on your SD card, selectable in the CHDK RAW menu.

Just now identified it & came here to update d post ....checking everything out...thanx again...will be active here :)
btw...do u have any preferable setting u have to shoot indoors or at ni8 ?...i know it varies by situation & liking but just to start off from some reference & improving by my liking....any thing ??
« Last Edit: 19 / April / 2017, 10:27:11 by Sai Sreekantt M »