CHDK at FOSDEM, Open source conference - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

CHDK at FOSDEM, Open source conference

• 2 Replies
CHDK at FOSDEM, Open source conference
« on: 18 / January / 2015, 09:37:25 »
Advertisements
Morning all!

For those in/near Brussels on 31st January I shall be giving an introductory talk on CHDK. It'll be too basic for the majority of those here, I'm sure, but feel free to come along and say 'hi'. and asking leading questions that let me talk about how great CHDK can be.

If there's any clever hacks/use cases/photos you'd like me to include in the talk, then you're welcome to message me and/or post in this thread.

Thanks,

Steev

Re: CHDK at FOSDEM, Open source conference
« Reply #1 on: 18 / January / 2015, 11:04:36 »
I assume that you are going to be using slides or some type of presentation media?  If you would like one or more of us to review that ahead of time, that might be a good idea.  Nothing personal but there is an excess of "introductory"  web pages, blogs, and youtube videos that are either misleading, obsolete, or just plain wrong.

If you don't want to post anything publically, you can PM me with a drop box type link.  I can't volunteer the time of anyone else, but  reyalp, philmoz, srsa_4c, and msl are currently quite active on this forum and know what they are talking about.  You might message them too.

Meanwhile, please be sure to point people here :
  CHDK Wiki :  Links
and here :
  User Manual
and strongly recommend they look at this if they are going to try installing CHDK :
  CHDK Wiki : Prepare your SD Card
and that they use the link at the top of the page pointing to :
  STICK
and finally, I assume you will mention CHDK scripting (at a FOSS conference) so this link probably would not go amiss :
 CHDK Scripting Functions

Finally,  I've been plunking away at this :  CHDK_Dummies_Guide_2nd_Edition.  If it gives you any ideas or causes you to think of things that should be explained there,  I'd love to know.
« Last Edit: 18 / January / 2015, 12:32:45 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: CHDK at FOSDEM, Open source conference
« Reply #2 on: 21 / January / 2015, 04:53:10 »
Thanks for that. I'll PM my current slides over to you. It's all fairly high level as most of the content is verbal (as I hate the idea of it being a 'death by powerpoint'), but I'll certainly add a few more links in the next version.