Starting script fully automatically (A530) - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Starting script fully automatically (A530)

• 10 Replies
Starting script fully automatically (A530)
« on: 26 / January / 2015, 04:33:08 »
Advertisements
Hello!

I have Canon A530 and want to start script automatically after power up or after pressing shoot button. I know that I can enable autostart option in menu but I have an issue with my camera - it has some sort of hardware problem and the buttons on the right side of display do not work. So I can not access the CHDK menu. Thats why I can not create also an initial cfg file in camera (to modify it in my PC).

Is it possible to manually create a script or cfg file which runs some script after pover up without accessing the menu? Or is this a solution when someone sends me CFG file for A530 and I modify it in my pc to autostart script?

Camera boots in CHDK fine, after booting CHDK graphics appears for a few sec in display

Tanks in advance!

Oliver

Offline zeno

Re: Starting script fully automatically (A530)
« Reply #1 on: 26 / January / 2015, 04:39:17 »
Oliver

there should be a CFG file in the CHDK directory on the card - CHDK creates one. You can use my CFG Editor to edit it on your computer to set the autostart option. See
  http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/kapstuff/zcfgedit.html

I haven't updated the editor lately. Let me know here if it raises an error.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 26 / January / 2015, 05:40:27 »
Thanks for an advice, but there is no cfg file in chdk directory or in SD card root dir. Maybe it is because i have not accessed the setup. Can you send me your cfg file, i try to modify it maybe it works with A530 as well.

Oliver

« Reply #3 on: 26 / January / 2015, 09:02:26 »
I haven't updated the editor lately. Let me know here if it raises an error.
Dave : 

In 1.3.0 there are actually four CFG files :
CCHDK4.CFG
OSD__4.CFG
UMENU4.CFG
GPS__4.CFG
Have you been able to keep up with those changes ?

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 26 / January / 2015, 10:15:06 »
I did download build 1.3.0 from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/
If this is what you mean...

Zip does not contain CFG files and they do not appear to SD after booting to CHDK.

Oliver

« Reply #5 on: 26 / January / 2015, 12:51:19 »
Zip does not contain CFG files and they do not appear to SD after booting to CHDK.
Correct.  The various cfg files are created when you change the default setup of CHDK.

I'm not sure if the CFG files are camera model specific.  I don't think so but philmoz is the expert on those and can probably comment.   If it's not camera specific I'll post one of mine from another camera with "autorun" enabled and a script named autorun.lua selected.

Edit :  attached CFG file configured as stated above
« Last Edit: 26 / January / 2015, 12:58:25 by waterwingz »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 26 / January / 2015, 12:56:42 »
Some settings should get reset, but AFAIK copying cfgs between cameras should not be a problem.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #7 on: 26 / January / 2015, 12:59:44 »
Some settings should get reset, but AFAIK copying cfgs between cameras should not be a problem.
I attached a "clean" S100 cfg file with autorun enabled to my previous post .  Things that change between cameras (like the user selectable <ALT> key might be problematic?

« Reply #8 on: 26 / January / 2015, 15:24:14 »
Thanks waterwingz! Yes your CFG file runs smiley script. ;)

Great! Now just need to replace with my own script.

Zeno, i tried to open waterwingz CFG file with your CFG editor, but it gives "Error - unknown entry at offset 4 id=1000" I got Java v 1.7 and win7.

Offline zeno

« Reply #9 on: 26 / January / 2015, 18:10:34 »
My bad- the editor clearly needs some updating! Sorry I suggested it. I'll try and fix it but it may take some time.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit