Save to PC instead of SD card - page 8 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Save to PC instead of SD card

• 78 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Save to PC instead of SD card
« Reply #70 on: 02 / April / 2015, 16:42:42 »
Advertisements
When I plug in the USB cable the display on the camera goes dark, the PC sees the camera, but CHDK PTP does not.
To expand on msl's post:

If you are using windows, you need to create a libusb INF driver for each camera model. Depending on the camera model you  may also need to do this for each specific camera or each physical USB port.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #71 on: 02 / April / 2015, 17:23:52 »
It works great.  Also ran ubtest.bas, no problems.
Fixed on trunk r4133. Thanks

Offline DaveX

« Reply #72 on: 02 / April / 2015, 18:19:42 »
Not a stupid question.  I'm the stupid one around here, at least when it comes to CHDK.  I have not specifically installed the driver for the SX40.  Are you talking about on the PC?  If so, is it different than the driver for the G9?  I suppose it make sense that it might be, but I assumed talking to a CHDK camera would use the same driver. 

Offline reyalp

« Reply #73 on: 02 / April / 2015, 22:05:10 »
Are you talking about on the PC?
Yes. The libusb driver, which you presumably set up when you set up the G9.
  If so, is it different than the driver for the G9?
The software is the same, but it need to be run for each camera model. In some cases, it may need to be run for each individual camera (generally, cameras that report a serial number) or each physical USB port you want to use with CHDK (cameras that don't report a serial number, possibly dependent on other factors).

Use the libusb "inf wizard" to configure libusb for each camera.

Offline DaveX

« Reply #74 on: 03 / April / 2015, 08:27:19 »
I somehow missed a few posts before my last post, my apologies.  I ran the usblib wizard and all is well with the SX40HS.  Thanks.

I went to download the 1.3 trunk version of 4133 but it's still on 4132.  When 4133 shows up I'll retest on both versions.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #75 on: 03 / April / 2015, 16:06:44 »
I went to download the 1.3 trunk version of 4133 but it's still on 4132.  When 4133 shows up I'll retest on both versions.
To clarify: 1.4 is the "trunk". 1.3 is the "stable" (or "release") branch. A new build is only done when the specific branch changes, but the counter used for the build number is shared by all of them, and increments whenever any branch has been changed.

Narfrafs G9 changes have only gone into 1.4, and probably won't be back-ported to 1.3. In general, the stable branch only gets changes that are bug fixes.

Offline DaveX

« Reply #76 on: 05 / April / 2015, 11:40:43 »
Got it.  I downloaded 4137 for both g & h versions, both work great and passed the ubtest.bas.  Thanks so much for all your help, you guys are the best!

Offline DaveX

« Reply #77 on: 30 / April / 2015, 16:34:10 »
I stumbled onto a deal on a G11 today and couldn't resist.  If you'd like someone to test this feature on that camera I'd be happy to oblige.  The firmware version is 1.00L.

Offline DaveX

« Reply #78 on: 14 / June / 2015, 13:35:37 »
I see all the G series now support FWT except the G11.  I'd be happy to test any code to get it added to the list.  ::)