So the SX 20IS not supported via a "official build" per STICK pic results? - page 2 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

So the SX 20IS not supported via a "official build" per STICK pic results?

• 39 Replies
Advertisements
Hi and Thanks for your help.

I tried a fresh DL of STICK and 7Zip would not open the file the error line was “Incorrect command line” so I had to use Explorer under Win 7. (That happened under both my PC's.)

When I double-click that command line the program briefly becomes visible then vanishes. It seems to show as a running program in Task Manager however as “stick”.

Does STICK reside in the Program files? I cannot find it anywhere.

Do you think I have a JAVA problem?

The pic below is from the original file structure of STICK on my PC.

Thanks,
Bill

Offline zeno

The STICK folder looks fine - the stick program is the stick jar file. When you double-click the stickx.cmd file, you should get a dialog box come up that asks you to give permission to run a program. If you agree, STICK should eventually start.

You should also be able to start STICK by opening a command window (click the Start button at the bottom left of the screen and type "cmd" then prtess Enter), navigating to the STICK directory and typing the command "stickx".

Dave

A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Dave:

I dl'd a new copy of STICK to try the command line method but that did not seem to work. (see pic attached...)

Maybe the directory was not active?

I just got it to launch/open by dbl clicking the “stick” term / i.e. executable jar file...
and when I used browse to open the picture on the image block the same error code appeared, i.e.
no official build for this camera.

I could not drag and drop (move) from the desktop area where I had the picture stored it did not take.

So I also tried a new pic and that did not make a difference.

Part of the log file said this: “Failed to load either asseng32 or asseng64 libraries”
Should I sign in as a admin right from the start?

So now I am back to the same problem.

Hey if you or anyone wants to load the build I need I can mail you a fresh 4 GB SD card and $25.00 for your time. (Unless you want to use Paypal...)

Thanks for your help.

Bill
« Last Edit: 17 / March / 2015, 01:10:37 by wildbill999 »

I dl'd a new copy of STICK to try the command line method but that did not seem to work. (see pic attached...)
When using the command line, you need to change (move) to the directory you are using before issuing the stick command.  In your case that means typing something like thiis :
Code: [Select]
cd C:\Users\wildbill999.wildbill99-hp\AppData\Local\Temp\stick

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline zeno

Waterwingz is right - you have to navigate to the directory before issuing the stickx command.

Double-clicking the jar file will NOT work - as I said, you need to give permission to run the app and only the stickx method will do that.

I do not understand why the dll is not being loaded, but because it is not, STICK cannot do the things it needs to do during startup (e.g. determine if you have given permission).

If you cannot drag-and-drop a picture you should be able to use the browse button to locate one.

If you can do as WW suggests at the very least you will see any error messages appear in the command window when you issue the stickx command. The double-clicking method should work, but when it doesn't the command window doesn't stay around long enough to read any error messages.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Thanks for the cmd line info.

I tried it in the Win 7 pc but did not have the path correct ?? so I went over to my Win 8.1 64 bit Pro pc and that gave a negative result listed below:

"...Is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Could this be a firewall access problem, Firefox extension problem or even a virus program
block?  Or maybe a router issue?

The only thing connecting these 2 desktops is a Ethernet cord. I keep these machines as separate as possible so that I have 2 chances to solve a problem, etc.

What on earth could the problem be?

"...Is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
That means you have not changed to the directory where the command you want to run is located.

Could this be a firewall access problem, Firefox extension problem or even a virus program block?  Or maybe a router issue?
Almost certainly not.  Nothing to do with any of those things at all!

The only thing connecting these 2 desktops is a Ethernet cord. I keep these machines as separate as possible so that I have 2 chances to solve a problem, etc.
How is this related to the problem?

What on earth could the problem be?
It's the same problem I tried to tell you about here : 

When using the command line, you need to change (move) to the directory you are using before issuing the stick command.  In your case that means typing something like thiis :
Code: [Select]
cd C:\Users\wildbill999.wildbill99-hp\AppData\Local\Temp\stick

Hi Waterwingz-

On the win7 pc the cmd message was: "the system cannot find the path specified..."

Offline srsa_4c

Could this be a firewall access problem, Firefox extension problem or even a virus program block?  Or maybe a router issue?
Almost certainly not.  Nothing to do with any of those things at all!
I don't know... I would not rule out a personal firewall or an antivirus software. These usually have the power to intercept operations like loading a dll. I would check their log if they provide one.

I also think that using the command line may not be straightforward for somebody who has never worked on DOS or something similar...

I don't know... I would not rule out a personal firewall or an antivirus software. These usually have the power to intercept operations like loading a dll. I would check their log if they provide one.
Seems really unlikely a personal firewall would do this.  I guess antivirus might be possible (especially on a business machine locked down by a paranoid corporate IT security group) but on a home machine it again seems unlikely.  You'd be hitting that wall with every piece of s/w installed on the machine.

I also think that using the command line may not be straightforward for somebody who has never worked on DOS or something similar...
That's more likely the real issue here unfortunately.  And we only got here because wildbill999 was also unable to run the STICK Java version from the GUI for some reason.

That means you have not successfully changed to the directory where the command you want to run is located.

On the win7 pc the cmd message was: "the system cannot find the path specified..."
That means you either incorrectly typed in the command line I gave you - or that command was from the information you gave me for your Win8 machine rather than your Win7 machine.

Posting actual screen shots of your command line window would be a big help here.  You are almost certainly typing something incorrectly in each case and retyping the error messages in your response will not help us find what mistake was made.