spam bots - Forum related topics (including issues) - CHDK Forum  

spam bots

• 8 Replies
spam bots
« on: 26 / March / 2015, 08:53:55 »
Advertisements
Mod edit:
A plagiarizing spam bot stole the following from http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12270.0

--
Hi all,

I'm using Canon PowerShot SX200 IS and just found this CHDK hack. I tried to install it on my camera, it was just fine, but the RAW images are super noisy. The noise is unacceptable, compared to the JPEG version. What did happen to my images? Is this common issue or anything went wrong?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 26 / March / 2015, 17:24:56 by reyalp »
Atif

Re: spam bots
« Reply #1 on: 26 / March / 2015, 13:56:13 »
I'm using Canon PowerShot SX200 IS and just found this CHDK hack. I tried to install it on my camera, it was just fine, but the RAW images are super noisy. The noise is unacceptable, compared to the JPEG version. What did happen to my images? Is this common issue or anything went wrong?
I'm not sure why you chose to post this in this thread? 

In any case, what image viewing software are you using?  You might be looking at the thumbnail rather than the actual RAW image.

Also,  do you have CHDK set to product a RAW or a DNG?   If DNG,  then you need to use 1.1 mode to have any bad pixels removed in the camera.   DNG 1.3 requires bad pixels be removed during post processing.   And CHDK RAW has no options for bad pixel removal.

It would help if you upload both a  RAW/DNG and JPG of the same shot to a file sharing site ( eg box.com) and post the link here.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #2 on: 26 / March / 2015, 14:04:40 »
I'm not sure why you chose to post this in this thread?
Yet another spammer. Their "template" always seems to include a "name" as signature. Whenever you find a new member with a confusing post, try googling a part of its post.

@mod: delete this please

« Reply #3 on: 26 / March / 2015, 14:09:55 »
Yet another spammer. Their "template" always seems to include a "name" as signature. Whenever you find a new member with a confusing post, try googling a part of its post.
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12270.0  Wow - how long has this been going on?  I thought the question seemed familiar.  What do they get out of this process?  Or is this some broken bot posting?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #4 on: 26 / March / 2015, 14:14:21 »
Wow - how long has this been going on?
Quite long.
What do they get out of this process?  Or is this some broken bot posting?
SEO. They come back later and change their posts and signature.

« Reply #5 on: 26 / March / 2015, 14:31:46 »
That makes sense.  The changed posts don't get reported as new so forum regulars and admins don't notice the edits and then delete as spam  But search engines do find and index the changes.  Sneaky.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 26 / March / 2015, 17:23:34 »
Wow - how long has this been going on?
Quite long.
What do they get out of this process?  Or is this some broken bot posting?
Yes, I've been seeing a lot of these.

User is banned, but I'm leaving the discussion.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #7 on: 12 / January / 2017, 19:31:37 »
Did not want to open a new thread or make an off-topic post.
New user 'clyde' is behaving rather suspiciously. I can't decide whether it's trolling, spamming or just clueless.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #8 on: 13 / January / 2017, 00:03:11 »
Did not want to open a new thread or make an off-topic post.
New user 'clyde' is behaving rather suspiciously. I can't decide whether it's trolling, spamming or just clueless.
A bit of a reverse turing test  :-[

I nuked the link but didn't ban.
Don't forget what the H stands for.