SX520HS Porting thread.

• 209 Replies

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
Re: SX520HS Porting thread.
« Reply #180 on: 02 / June / 2016, 15:39:36 »
Advertisements
I have a question: Are there any kind of macro lenses for the sx 520hs? Because I really like to take macro pictures with the raw format, long exposures etc.
See here:
http://www.digitaltoyshop.co.uk/Wide_Angle_and_Macro_Lens_Canon_Powershot_SX520_HS_t3387_4813

In this post you have a lens profile for sx530. If you want you can try it and if you're happy with it I can try to manually adjust for the SX520. The picture is not scaled so at the top has thin deficiency. For the real profile, someone with a camera needs to do a minimum of 15 images(DNG+JPG) and upload them somewhere, it requires about 380 MB of data traffic. I know it's a lot, but if multiple users agree and everyone do one set of images (minimum 5, 9 would be ideal) it's not so much.
If you are interested let me know.
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12418.msg128798#msg128798

Lens profile goes here:
 C: \ Users \ xxxx \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles \ 1.0
 and must be manually applied in Camera Raw.

« Reply #181 on: 02 / June / 2016, 16:15:56 »
I have a question: Are there any kind of macro lenses for the sx 520hs? Because I really like to take macro pictures with the raw format, long exposures etc.

BTW great how far you have come with CHDK!
You do not need macro lenses on sx520, and on any compact camera. Just switch to the macro focus mode, and you can get as close to the object as you wish. No DSLR can beat this. sx520 still focuses even when the object touches the lens! Other cameras have 1cm or 3, 5 cm minimum distance. sx520 has zero, literally!

« Reply #182 on: 03 / June / 2016, 13:03:35 »
You do not need macro lenses on sx520, and on any compact camera. Just switch to the macro focus mode, and you can get as close to the object as you wish. No DSLR can beat this. sx520 still focuses even when the object touches the lens! Other cameras have 1cm or 3, 5 cm minimum distance. sx520 has zero, literally!

I know and it's great! But I kinda wanted to try and makes some pictures like this:
But that's almost impossible isn't it?Thanks anyway!!

« Reply #183 on: 03 / June / 2016, 13:49:54 »
This photo is cropped to about a half each dimension. The flower was less than 1cm big.

Of course with the lens you can get it bigger. I think that to be correct, it's not macro- but microphotography. If I remember correctly, the definition in film terms was 1:1 scale, i.e. 2 centimeter object occupies almost the whole frame. Bigger is "micro".

Edit: wrong, it was about 1/4 of each dimension.
« Last Edit: 03 / June / 2016, 13:53:19 by ilya345 »

« Reply #184 on: 04 / June / 2016, 12:13:03 »
I have to say that is a beautiful flower man!! Also thanks for the explenation.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #185 on: 09 / June / 2016, 20:20:10 »
The sx520hs 100b and 100c ports are officially released. They can be found in the trunk autobuild.

Users are still encouraged to report any bugs or issues.

« Reply #186 on: 05 / July / 2016, 12:45:54 »
Hey guys!

Everything is working great (except from the benchmark it crashed). But I have a little question, because when I connect my camera to the pc it only shows my jpeg's. So is there a way to see all the files on my sd-card? Or do I have to remove my SD card everytime I want to check/edit my raw files?

Greetings!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #187 on: 05 / July / 2016, 17:14:47 »
Everything is working great (except from the benchmark it crashed).
If you can get a romlog from the crash, that might be helpful.
But I have a little question, because when I connect my camera to the pc it only shows my jpeg's. So is there a way to see all the files on my sd-card? Or do I have to remove my SD card everytime I want to check/edit my raw files?
There may be a combination of raw prefix / extension that shows up correctly. I'd suggest trying CRW_nnnn.CR2, with .DNG extension unchecked. You will need to have the directory set to "with jpeg" as well.

Two important caveats:
1) The files will still be in DNG format if you have DNG selected, even though they will have .CR2 extension. This may confuse some software, especially on windows. You might want to find a way to batch rename them after downloading.
2) If you shoot and immediately plug in the camera without rebooting it, the files may not show up even though you have the all the options set right.

Another alternative is to use a CHDK PTP extension client (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PTP_Extension) but note that configuring this will generally prevent you from accessing the camera using normal software.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #188 on: 06 / July / 2016, 08:10:06 »
Here you go!

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #189 on: 07 / July / 2016, 15:11:55 »
Here you go!
Can you try benchmarking with the attached build? Please overwrite the existing files on card and use the locked SD card boot method.
The build is identical to the official one, except that I have the necessary files that help with debugging.

Please also activate module logging: Miscellaneous stuff -> Modules -> Enable logging .
When done, run the benchmark. If possible, note the last successful test (CPU, memory..., card...).
After it crashes, make a romlog. Get the romlog and modules.log from the card and upload them here.

The crash is due to a bad pointer. The stack also seems to have several copies of a Canon magic number (0x65676973 or "sige") which doesn't really belong there. The bad pointer is 0x66E71D73, seems to be related to that magic number.