• 209 Replies

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
Re: SX520HS Porting thread.
« Reply #80 on: 13 / May / 2016, 09:53:49 »
Advertisements
@blackhole
Have you experienced any random crashes?

edit:
found it

The reason behind the crash is in the script. PROPCASE_IS_MODE in propset 8 doesn't like to be set to values other than 0, 1 or 2. The script sets it to 3.
Yes, some of the more complex scripts cause the crash. One of them is videxp3.lua. If you change any of the default settings in the main CHDK  scripts console, camera has crashed after leaving the help window. If the script is booted with the default settings, everything works and settings can be changed from the script GUI, settings are correctly applied to the recorded video. After the end of the script and exit from it, restart scripts cause crashes. In this case, the GUI is not displayed and the camera has crashed after a few seconds, regardless of whether you start recording a video. Problem solves deleting of .cfg file from CHDK / DATA

« Reply #81 on: 13 / May / 2016, 10:12:43 »
Ehhhhhhh.... Could anyone translate that in normal English?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #82 on: 13 / May / 2016, 10:43:23 »
Ehhhhhhh.... Could anyone translate that in normal English?
ultimate.lua
The script contains a line that is incompatible with the sx520/530. If you change the number in this line from 3 to 2:
Code: [Select]
set_prop(props.IS_MODE, 3)        -- IS_MODE offthe script might become usable. Your latest reported crash was caused by this script.

@blackhole
Can you link the script(s) in question and upload romlog(s), preferably with corresponding main.bin.dumps?

« Reply #83 on: 13 / May / 2016, 10:48:05 »
ultimate.lua
The script contains a line that is incompatible with the sx520/530. If you change the number in this line from 3 to 2:
Code: [Select]
set_prop(props.IS_MODE, 3)        -- IS_MODE offthe script might become usable.
Or just delete that line entirely.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #84 on: 13 / May / 2016, 10:56:42 »
Sooooooo... If you delete that line the script does actually work without any problem?

Also this question is a bit off topic, but is there actually a way to power this camera externally through the a/v out digital port or something? Or maybe with a MHL cabel? I don't really know and didn't really find something on google...
« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2016, 11:16:17 by wobelaar »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #85 on: 13 / May / 2016, 11:24:21 »
Sooooooo... If you delete that line the script does actually work without any problem?
You're in the best position to find that out ;)
Seriously, I don't know if there's any remaining incompatibility.

Also this question is a bit off topic, but is there actually a way to power this camera externally through the a/v out digital port or something? Or maybe with a MHL cabel? I don't really know and didn't really find something on google...
There's an AC adapter kit named ACK-DC40 as optional accessory (see the camera manual - on the Canon support site, if you don't have it yet). You can probably find third party clones on ebay or similar if you don't want the original.

« Reply #86 on: 13 / May / 2016, 11:30:58 »
Well I deleted the line I will test it out tonight I think.
Also thanks for the answer about the ac adapter kit I will try to find one somewhere a bit cheaper then the original :P

« Reply #87 on: 13 / May / 2016, 12:25:55 »
If there are other problems with the port then the script may trip over them.  The most immediate things that come to mind are the code that disables the flash and the AF assist beam (it uses propcases), the code that locks focus at infinity, and the LCD backlight disable choices.  You can safely comment out the flash and AF beam code, and the others can be disabled via script user parameter settings if necessary.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #88 on: 13 / May / 2016, 13:09:49 »
Just checked if it's working with the line deleted, but there is happening something strange... When I start it and wait that one minute to let the display 'shut down', it goes into playback mode and then the screen turns black. But it seems the camera is still kind of running (when I press any button, doesn't matter what button it turns on again)... Although the lens is closed... should I delete another line or is this the normal procedure (which seems kind of strange to me)?
« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2016, 13:11:30 by wobelaar »

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #89 on: 13 / May / 2016, 13:19:15 »
@blackhole
Can you link the script(s) in question and upload romlog(s), preferably with corresponding main.bin.dumps?
Here are links to the script and main.bin.dump  :
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Manual_Exposure_Control_for_Video_Recording

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2NRqqO9AOURdk9uZUxUWjEzeHc

Romlog is attached.