IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt - page 20 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt

• 497 Replies
Re: IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt
« Reply #190 on: 26 / September / 2015, 09:06:15 »
Advertisements
I sent you a PM with a build that has the fixes I mentioned in the last two pages of this thread. Note that this port is apparently "hot potato" due to the 2 bricked cameras reported earlier. Use the build on your own risk.

srsa_4c : did you update the assembla 1.4.0 source with these changes?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #191 on: 26 / September / 2015, 10:39:47 »
I just did. I was actually waiting for somebody else to do this (after some testing and #define fine-tuning) as I don't have the camera.

« Reply #192 on: 26 / September / 2015, 11:09:18 »
I just did. I was actually waiting for somebody else to do this (after some testing and #define fine-tuning) as I don't have the camera.
Thanks.

I have someone asking for a test build - and he has read this thread and the wiki warning about possible bricked cameras.  Steva85's most recent post seems to indicate the fixes are working.  Are there additional things I should ask to be tested?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #193 on: 26 / September / 2015, 20:14:58 »
I have someone asking for a test build - and he has read this thread and the wiki warning about possible bricked cameras.  Steva85's most recent post seems to indicate the fixes are working.
The reason behind those accidents is still not known (and this isn't likely to change). We believe that they were caused by free space running out while the camera was busy making a JPEG file. Current trunk no longer allows saving RAW/DNG when free space is low, so if that was the cause, it should no longer occur.

I'm not aware of missing tests other than mftest (that does not mean everything is tested and working though  ;)).

« Reply #194 on: 26 / September / 2015, 20:24:25 »
Steva85's most recent post seems to indicate the fixes are working.
The reason behind those accidents is still not known (and this isn't likely to change).
Yea - I know.  Was not implying that the most recent fixes were related to the (possible) bricking issue.

« Reply #195 on: 28 / September / 2015, 10:23:49 »
I have someone asking for a test build
That's probably me.

I've tried installing CHDK on my whole new Ixus160, without success for the moment.
With Stick, I've followed the steps to install a unsupported build, particularly renamed the build to test100a.zip and put it in Stick's folder, restart Stick, but Stick doesn't see/find it.

I've also tried the manual update method (whick I'm quite familiar with, as I also have a G12 and a G15), but I can't locate a "Firm update" item in the Canon menu.

Where am I wrong?
« Last Edit: 28 / September / 2015, 13:18:19 by Pierre »

« Reply #196 on: 28 / September / 2015, 11:23:39 »
I've tried installing CHDK on my whole new Ixus160, without success for the moment.
With Stick, I've followed the steps to install a unsupported build, particularly renamed the build to test100a.zip and put it in Stick's folder, restart Stick, but Stick doesn't see/find it.
I assume zeno ( Dave ) will come along at some point and figure out your STICK issue.

In the meantime,  if you have a picture from your G15, use STICK to format an SD card for that.  Then simply unzip the ixus160 file I sent you (preserving the folder structure) over top of the G15 files.  It should boot after that.

I've also tried the manual update method (whick I'm quite familiar with, as I also have a G12 and a G15), but I can't locate a "Firm update" item in the Canon menu.
I don't have the encryption keys needed to build the ps.fi2 file required for "firmware update" loading on the ixus160 so I did not include it.  Most people give up on the "firmware update" method the minute they get SD card lock booting to work anyway.   Also, from reading this thread, it's not clear that anybody has actually been able to get "firmware update" loading working with this camera.
« Last Edit: 28 / September / 2015, 11:26:01 by waterwingz »

« Reply #197 on: 28 / September / 2015, 11:47:33 »
In the meantime,  if you have a picture from your G15, use STICK to format an SD card for that.  Then simply unzip the ixus160 file I sent you (preserving the folder structure) over top of the G15 files.  It should boot after that.
Great! It worked! Thanks waterwingz!

« Reply #198 on: 28 / September / 2015, 12:19:22 »
I assume zeno ( Dave ) will come along at some point and figure out your STICK issue.

If useful, when I did this procedure, I've noticed that a folder was created on my desktop under stick\Trunk CHDK\g12-100c, when Stick is unzipped under C:\Users\Pierre\Documents\Outils photo\stick.

Offline zeno

« Reply #199 on: 28 / September / 2015, 13:13:36 »
Hi Piere, glad you got things working. I can't explain why STICK didn't find the zip file (I assume the photo you dropped was for the right camera).

When STICK downloads a build, it unzips it in a folder with the name of the camera and firmware version. If you ever want to install the build on another card, STICK will tell you there's an already downloaded build, so (unless there's an update) you can tell it to use it and avoid another download.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit