Testing cameras after kbd.c change: 27 tested | 2 with minor bugs - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Testing cameras after kbd.c change: 27 tested | 2 with minor bugs

• 89 Replies
Advertisements
Hallo,

if you are still in doubt,

ixus970_sd890 100b

is working as it should do.

No issue with the jogdial when I am back in canon mode.

[CHDK_DE Rev. 4156]
IXUS 970 IS 100b

Offline reyalp

No issue with the jogdial when I am back in canon mode.
Thanks. Sounds like older cams (r31 and lower, at least) do not need anything special for this case.

@koshy
I've attached an updated ixus980_sd990 patch that doesn't include the special case for issue. Please use this instead of the first one, and let me know if the jog dial behaves correctly.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

For jogdial, many cameras probably have in issue where using the jogdial in alt mode causes the canon firmware to see jogdial moves after you exit alt mode.

To see this:
make sure there is something in the canon UI that would respond to the jogdial, like Ev compensation or a menu.
go into alt, rotate the wheel in one direction, and exit alt
the thing selected in the canon ui should not change.
(...)
This was an existing issue, not caused by the keyboard changes, but I can probably provide fixes if you run into it.
I don't remember seeing this on any of my jogdial cams (there's a reverse issue on the sx280 but it isn't severe enough for me to hunt it down).

sneaky late edit:
The cameras I'm talking about are: s80, sx100, ixus110, ixus870
« Last Edit: 26 / May / 2015, 17:13:56 by srsa_4c »

Offline reyalp

I don't remember seeing this on any of my jogdial cams (there's a reverse issue on the sx280 but it isn't severe enough for me to hunt it down).
FWIW, it happens on cameras like sx160is if this code is missing in jogdial_control
Code: [Select]
    if (jogdial_stopped && !n) {
        // If re-enabling jogdial set the task code current & previous positions to the actual
        // dial positions so that the change won't get processed by the firmware
        jog_position[0] = jog_position[2] = rear_dial_position;   // Rear dial
    }
Many ports don't have equivalent code, but it appears that older ones don't need it. It's not yet clear to me where the cutoff is. I think this code was introduced by philmoz for G12 and other cameras around that time.

Offline koshy

@koshy I've attached an updated ixus980_sd990 patch that doesn't include the special case for issue. Please use this instead of the first one, and let me know if the jog dial behaves correctly.
Thank you very much. Something kept me off the main testing action so I might as well start with this one. I patched trunk 4161 with what you attached and the jog dial works just fine in ALT mode and the CHDKPTP dial buttons also work fine. I did the full plan on the camera.

- I980 boots a current CHDK 1.4 unstable build
- shows no "card locked" message
- outside alt mode key and menu operation was fine
- inside alt mode key and jog dial operation also fine
- neither got through to Canon FW
- shot RAW / JPEG just fine
- USB remote worked
- CHDKPTP dial buttons and other buttons were fine
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

Something kept me off the main testing action so I might as well start with this one. I patched trunk 4161 with what you attached and the jog dial works just fine in ALT mode and the CHDKPTP dial buttons also work fine. I did the full plan on the camera.
Thanks. I've checked that in and removed it from the kbd.c test list.

Hi,

I don't see the Canon Powershot S110 on the list.
Or does it have a different designation than S110?

I have two S110 so I can check if it is necessary...

2 x IXUS 860IS 100c
2 x Powershot S110 103a

I don't see the Canon Powershot S110 on the list. Or does it have a different designation than S110?
Once camera's are tested and found to work,  they are removed from that list.  The S110 was reported as working correctly on March 21, 2015‎ so you don't need to retest it.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

@waterwingz: OK - thanks
2 x IXUS 860IS 100c
2 x Powershot S110 103a

Offline koshy

A530 and A590 are working well with the new kbd.c
Thank you very much for the report.

Before I just start testing cameras by group I decided to single out the ones others have mentioned.
So, I tested A530 and A590 tonight according to my test plan and everything was fine with them.

- A530 and A590 boot a current CHDK 1.4
- FW doesn't show "card locked" message
- keys outside of alt mode work
- there is no jogdial on either
- keys in ALT mode work fine
- shooting RAW / JPEG was fine
- USB remote was fine
- CHDKPTP spot check of other buttons was fine
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)