Testing cameras after kbd.c change: 27 tested | 2 with minor bugs - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Testing cameras after kbd.c change: 27 tested | 2 with minor bugs

• 89 Replies

Offline reyalp

Advertisements
both inside and outside the cradle. However I was not able to see the USB bit I had identified before. What would its address be? Nafraf had made me a patch back then so that I just used the "Show misc. Values" feature I think.
physw_status on this camera is 3 32 bit words starting at 0x10FF0. The USB bit is in 0x10FF4. I'm a little surprised the first is all 0. You should see the last FFFF change if you press buttons on the camera.

When the tools menu crashes in 1.4, what happens? Does the camera hang, or shut down?
My a540 hung once, but it seems to work most of the time.

Also, can you open the games menu? It works in a similar way to the "tools" menu, so it might have similar problems.

edit:
I've now had the games menu freeze once twice on A540 as well.
« Last Edit: 06 / June / 2015, 20:34:55 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

Using the memory browser I can say that none of the stable portions change upon using the touch control dial.
Thanks. Looks like we can't get touch bits out of physw_status on this ixus960.

Here's a test patch.
Thank you. I compiled that. Entering ALT mode by pressing print crashes the cam. I tried getting a Romlog using an unpatched CHDK but the log I got was ancient.

EDIT: This is also a freeze type of thing.
« Last Edit: 06 / June / 2015, 20:46:08 by koshy »
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

When the tools menu crashes in 1.4, what happens? Does the camera hang, or shut down?
My a540 hung once, but it seems to work most of the time.

Also, can you open the games menu? It works in a similar way to the "tools" menu, so it might have similar problems.
The cam freezes and I have to take the battery out. Luckily the "i" doesn't mean that that's built in and soldered in place ;-)

That happens most of the time for Games and Tools. I saw each work once now.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

Thanks. The camera shuts down after it creates a romlog, so in general hangs will not create one.

I think I'm reproducing the same menu problem as izoom on a540, so no need to do anything more with that. I'll have to think about the ixus960 a bit more.

Offline reyalp

Hang in tools and games menu should should be fixed in trunk 4165.

Offline reyalp

Here's another patch to try for ixus960.

Offline koshy

Here's another patch to try for ixus960.
Excellent, that one does it. Keys in ALT mode work fine and the "touch control dial" is defunct and does not interfere anymore.
If one is playful it's possible to have it open and then to enter ALT mode where one can continue to use it but it will close soon enough and cannot be opened again without exiting ALT mode. So by any means your fix takes things far enough. The annoyance of the thing while using the CHDK menus is fixed.
« Last Edit: 07 / June / 2015, 12:28:42 by koshy »

Offline koshy

Hang in tools and games menu should should be fixed in trunk 4165.
It indeed is fixed. Choosing either menu for the first time takes about three seconds on the i Zoom but it works swiftly the next time.

Ok, on the iZoom I think I might have found the cradle bit. If so it's also in 0x10FF4. For whatever reason 0x10FF0 was 0xFFFFFFFF this time - just as a side note. Now 0x10FF4:

inside cradle 0xZ0@9AF80
outside cradle 0xZ0@9FF80

The red 0 is the USB bit which becomes 8 upon USB plug-in. Z and @ I put for values that fluctuate between two possible ones and seem unrelated. @: C/5   Z: 3/2

The interesting thing is that yes when the USB cable is off and the according bit is 0 the camera still shuts off when removed from the cradle.

You should see the last (in 0x10FF8) FFFF change if you press buttons on the camera.
I do but as there are so few buttons I can use when using memory browser the only one that I could look at is the play / video / rec switch.

Offline reyalp

Excellent, that one does it. Keys in ALT mode work fine and the "touch control dial" is defunct and does not interfere anymore.
Thanks, I've checked that in.

Attached is a patch for the ixus860 touch control code.  This is just a cleanup: It should work exactly the same as before, but reduces the size of CHDK and avoids a possible register clobber in the touch code.

All that needs to be checked is that the touch control still behaves as before, and the camera doesn't hang or crash.

Offline koshy

Attached is a patch for the ixus860 touch control code.  This is just a cleanup: It should work exactly the same as before, but reduces the size of CHDK and avoids a possible register clobber in the touch code.

All that needs to be checked is that the touch control still behaves as before, and the camera doesn't hang or crash.
O.k. I compiled it and it behaves as before. The touch control dial does not interfere in ALT mode, works normally outside of ALT and the keys work normally in either case.