Optimal Canon Settings Script problem - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Optimal Canon Settings Script problem

• 3 Replies
Optimal Canon Settings Script problem
« on: 04 / June / 2015, 09:11:39 »
Advertisements
Hi

I am trying to establish the optimum settings for my Canon A1400s, for a book scanning project I am currently working on.

I have tried using this CHDK script: http://www.mind2b.com/component/content/article/9-info/10-ideal-canon-camera-settings

However, when I try to run it, I get the following error message: uBASIC 72 pars err, operation terminated.

Has anyone else experienced a problem when using this script?

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
Re: Optimal Canon Settings Script problem
« Reply #1 on: 04 / June / 2015, 10:10:52 »
"beep" seems to be the problem. This command is not supported by CHDK. Use instead "beep" "playsound 4". There are several "beep" in the script.

Btw., this script is very old. There are certainly more modern solutions.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #2 on: 04 / June / 2015, 14:28:42 »
Hi, I've edited out 'beep', but it still doesn't work. Oh well, I'll take a look for something more up to date; thanks for your advice!

« Reply #3 on: 04 / June / 2015, 18:57:50 »
Hi, I've edited out 'beep', but it still doesn't work. Oh well, I'll take a look for something more up to date; thanks for your advice!
I took a quick look at the rest of the code in that script and it's certainly antiquated.   There is a lot of camera specific stuff in there that won't work for newer cameras, and things that can now be done much more simply.  Quite frankly, it's probably not worth trying to update that script.

What were you hoping it would do for you?  Perhaps we can point you to something more suitable.

Edit : the script cycles through a range of f-stops, shutter speeds, ISO setting, and white balance settings.  I think the idea is to take a lot of picture and have the user pick the best one.  From the exif info in that picture the user then knows the "best" settings for his environment.
« Last Edit: 04 / June / 2015, 23:35:42 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16