PTP and Raspberry PI - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

PTP and Raspberry PI

• 1 Replies
PTP and Raspberry PI
« on: 17 / June / 2015, 14:57:31 »
Advertisements
Hello there,

I am a rookie at CHDK and a beginner even at linux programming, however there are some successfull projects behind me on the rPI.

Now I have a good theory how to merge the power of CHDK and rPI: I would like to create a remotely controlled box with a Canon camera and an rPI A+ included. The main goal is to stream (or just send frame by frame the) camera's screen to a web browser and send back the virtually fired button events. The rPI would connect to the camera using PTP, the PI would be reachable with a wireless connection and a webserver application (Python or PHP) would be the interface between the camera and the browsing device. There are some questions, how to start this project, every suggestion is welcome and well appreciated. I will just take my very first question, and after maybe one by other if I catch up with developing.
  • Is there any howto to start CHDKPTP with Archlinux? I have the package info, but I could not find any guideline to start using it.
Nowadays I am out of free time, so the most important for me is how to start, how to connect my camera first time using an Archlinux equipped PI and an USB cable.
Thank you everything in advance!

Re: PTP and Raspberry PI
« Reply #1 on: 17 / June / 2015, 15:57:53 »
Is there any howto to start CHDKPTP with Archlinux? I have the package info, but I could not find any guideline to start using it.
You might want to start here :  PTP Extension : Arch linux
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16