Post processing in meteor.lua? - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Post processing in meteor.lua?

• 5 Replies
Post processing in meteor.lua?
« on: 09 / July / 2015, 02:03:49 »
Advertisements
Hi everyone! I need some help to the script meteor.lua. I used this script to shoot lightning in May and set CHDK to shoot the dark frames from the three options: 'CANON', 'CHDK' or 'none'. It did, but it won't subtract dark frames, only shoots them, so my photos are still spiky by the unwanted hot pixels, as you can see my example here:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RXp5gLbZuZo/VVwFfg6OTKI/AAAAAAAAEqA/sABkCh1jVYU/s1600/IMG_4375.JPG
I know I can do this post processing on computer but I want my camera to do the dark frame subtraction not my computer. But at the same time, I don't want my camera to do dark frame subtraction one by one because it misses a lot of lightning, I want my camera to subtract one dark frame for 10 real frames. So my question is how can I set up my camera to do the dark frame subtraction in meteor.lua script?

Thanks for helping me!

Re: Post processing in meteor.lua?
« Reply #1 on: 09 / July / 2015, 07:33:38 »
You can't with the current script. Perhaps something more complex could be written to do what you want but it does not exist today.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 09 / July / 2015, 14:13:59 »
Is there a script for post processing dark frame subtraction in general? (not only in meteor.lua)

(I'm sorry for the programmer of that script but I have found out meteor.lua and meteor2.lua are totally useless because my CANON POWERSHOT SX500 IS won't even save dark frames on the SD card. Loading a simple intervalometer script with RAW file saving option on, putting the cap onto my camera lens and shooting a "darkened" frame that way, I'm at the same level or even higher because of saving the time of shooting those "unexisting" dark frames.)

« Reply #3 on: 09 / July / 2015, 15:10:52 »
Is there a script for post processing dark frame subtraction in general? (not only in meteor.lua)
No.  Doing any image processing in Lua on the camera would be very slow. Given the amount of work necessary to code this and make it go in camera,  doing it in post procesing on your PC seems like a much better option.

(I'm sorry for the programmer of that script but I have found out meteor.lua and meteor2.lua are totally useless because my CANON POWERSHOT SX500 IS won't even save dark frames on the SD card. Loading a simple intervalometer script with RAW file saving option on, putting the cap onto my camera lens and shooting a "darkened" frame that way, I'm at the same level or even higher because of saving the time of shooting those "unexisting" dark frames.)
I don't think I would call the script totally useless given that it works on almost all of the 120 or so CHDK enabled cameras.  If there is something different about the SX500 then we could certainly look at that.  It might simply be something in the way you have setup / configured the camera for example.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 10 / July / 2015, 01:36:01 »
The script doesn't work for my model. It saves nothing when displaying 'shooting a dark frame'. So I even don't know how to post process DFS on my PC.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #5 on: 10 / July / 2015, 05:42:31 »
Dark frame you can do if you hang up the lens and make a picture with the same settings. You can make several dark frames and use the "RAW Average" from the menu Miscellaneous stuff, to do a master dark frame, which later use for DFS. Also you can use BlackFrame NR from this link:http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/blackframe.htm,
or follow the instructions for processing, with the free program GIMP from this link:http://synergous.com/flatpress/?x=entry:entry111126-201738
« Last Edit: 10 / July / 2015, 05:46:35 by blackhole »