A720IS Scrip Requested - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A720IS Scrip Requested

• 43 Replies
A720IS Scrip Requested
« on: 11 / July / 2015, 16:20:13 »
Advertisements
Hi all,

I'm at my wits end. >:( I've tried a few different intervalometer scripts on my A720IS and for the life of me, I cant get them to work correctly. So, I'm wondering if someone would be so kind to either modify an existing script or write a new one for me. I'm will to pay for one if need be.

What I need for the A720IS is:

5 second start delay
5 second interval
maintain original first photo focus & exposure
close the display screen after the 5th photo
unlimited photos
push button shut off
auto save parameters

Hopefully I'm not way off-base here and I apologize if I offend anyone by making this request.

Thanks...Dan

Re: A720IS Scrip Requested
« Reply #1 on: 11 / July / 2015, 16:37:39 »
Should be pretty simple - I'll see what I can whip up for you.

What do you mean by "auto save parameters" ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 11 / July / 2015, 17:07:39 »
Should be pretty simple - I'll see what I can whip up for you.

What do you mean by "auto save parameters" ?

Thank you so, so much  :)

I think  :D I mean that I'd like the setting to be saved. If that makes any sense (?)

« Reply #3 on: 11 / July / 2015, 17:31:58 »
I think I mean that I'd like the setting to be saved. If that makes any sense (?)
What settings?  Do you want the exposure settings to be saved somehow and used the next time you shoot?

Before we make this too complicated,  try the attached script and see what you think?

It locks out the camera buttons unless you press the MENU key, which halts shooting.
« Last Edit: 14 / July / 2015, 19:26:27 by waterwingz »

« Reply #4 on: 12 / July / 2015, 14:36:38 »
I think I mean that I'd like the setting to be saved. If that makes any sense (?)
What settings?  Do you want the exposure settings to be saved somehow and used the next time you shoot?

Before we make this too complicated,  try the attached script and see what you think?

It locks out the camera buttons unless you press the MENU key, which halts shooting.

Thanks much. It works fine. I'm a little confused about the display. It's set to 5 but does not shut off.

I know you've programed the shot interval to 5 seconds. Can I change that when I load the script?

Thanks again for your effort. It's greatly appreciated  :)

« Reply #5 on: 12 / July / 2015, 15:02:59 »
I'm a little confused about the display. It's set to 5 but does not shut off.
I suppose it's possible that the set_lcd_display( ) funtion does not work on the A720.  Try the attached script and verify that it turns the display off and then back on?

I know you've programed the shot interval to 5 seconds. Can I change that when I load the script?
If you go to the CHDK Script menu,  you will see a few parameters that you can set down at the bottom of the menu.  The one that says Shot Interval (sec) lets you change the shot interval.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #6 on: 12 / July / 2015, 16:06:52 »
set_lcd_display( ) works for the A720. But it is not the best way. The A720 has an optical view finder. We should turn off the display completely. That's my solution:
Code: (lua) [Select]
--[[
@title Set LCD
--]]
props=require("propcase")

function display(disp)
    if get_mode() then
        repeat
            click("display")
            sleep(500)
        until get_prop(props.DISPLAY_MODE) == disp
    end
end

if get_mode() == false then
    print("switching to shooting mode")
    set_record(1)
    while ( get_mode() == false ) do sleep(200) end
end

disp = get_prop(props.DISPLAY_MODE)

sleep(1000)
print("Disabling Display")
sleep(1000)
display(2)
sleep(2000)
print("Restored Display")
display(disp)
sleep(1000)

msl

edit: shorter script version
« Last Edit: 12 / July / 2015, 16:15:46 by msl »
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #7 on: 12 / July / 2015, 16:10:33 »
I'm a little confused about the display. It's set to 5 but does not shut off.
I suppose it's possible that the set_lcd_display( ) funtion does not work on the A720.  Try the attached script and verify that it turns the display off and then back on?

If you go to the CHDK Script menu,  you will see a few parameters that you can set down at the bottom of the menu.  The one that says Shot Interval (sec) lets you change the shot interval.

The attached script shuts off the display (and back on)  :D

There is no Shot Interval (sec) in the CHDK Script menu  :(
« Last Edit: 12 / July / 2015, 16:29:37 by mrsr71 »

« Reply #8 on: 12 / July / 2015, 16:39:37 »
set_lcd_display( ) works for the A720. But it is not the best way. The A720 has an optical view finder. We should turn off the display completely.
Thanks.  I've used something similiar in some of my bigger script where I gave the user a choice of power saving methods.  However,  it's not universal as it only works for EVF cameras so I tend to leave things like that out of my smaller scripts.

Sounds like you are not running the script I posted then?  You should see something like this :

Notice the third line up from the bottom ?

« Reply #9 on: 12 / July / 2015, 17:07:50 »
set_lcd_display( ) works for the A720. But it is not the best way. The A720 has an optical view finder. We should turn off the display completely.
Thanks.  I've used something similiar in some of my bigger script where I gave the user a choice of power saving methods.  However,  it's not universal as it only works for EVF cameras so I tend to leave things like that out of my smaller scripts.

Sounds like you are not running the script I posted then?  You should see something like this :

Notice the third line up from the bottom ?

You're absolutely correct  :D  Old age and trifocals are hindering my abilities  ;)

Again, thanks so much for your time...Dan

Oh...do you have a solution for shutting off the display or should I just deal with it?

While I'm in the inquisitive mood, what would be the simple & easiest way to compile the shots into a time lapse. I'm a MAC user. I do have iMovie but it's kinda complicated (for me)  ::)