A720IS Scrip Requested - page 3 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A720IS Scrip Requested

• 43 Replies
Re: A720IS Scrip Requested
« Reply #20 on: 16 / August / 2015, 16:52:21 »
Advertisements
Is it possible to modify the aef_loc2.lua you generated for me to allow the A720IS to zoom? As it works now, the focal length is fixed.
The script runs at whatever focal length you've set immediately prior to starting the script.

Do you want to be able set a user parameter that tells the script to set the zoom to a specific position?   Or were you looking for some way to change the zoom position on the fly while the script is running?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #21 on: 16 / August / 2015, 18:36:57 »
I would like to change it "on the fly"

Thanks...Dan

« Reply #22 on: 16 / August / 2015, 19:40:18 »
So while the script is running,  you want to be able to press the zoom lever and change zoom positions?   I can probably cut and paste something from one of my other scripts pretty quickly ....

Edit : script attached.  Zoom lever now works (but is ignored while an actual shot is taking place).  I also added a bit of code so that the display turns back on for a while if you press the DISP key or the zoom lever.
« Last Edit: 16 / August / 2015, 20:03:07 by waterwingz »

« Reply #23 on: 16 / August / 2015, 20:40:42 »
Outstanding!!! Thank you so much. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Standing by with a fire watch near our area now in So Cal.

Dan

« Reply #24 on: 17 / August / 2015, 14:10:46 »
I did a quick test this AM and the zoom worked perfectly  :D

Thanks again for your patience and the time you've taken to help me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_FjVp-1NPE

« Reply #25 on: 15 / September / 2015, 22:50:56 »
A couple quick things - I'm looking for the code to turn off the flash initially i.e. I have a time-lapse script in Lua, and want to add a parameter which I can set to Yes = Turn off the flash before starting, since I usually forget to do this manually.  Next, you were asking for a MAC tool to combine shots into a movie - I purchased an app from "microprojects.ca" and it's small, works simply and provides the best results of any I've tried on windows.  Its $6 or one cup of fancy coffee.

« Reply #26 on: 15 / September / 2015, 23:13:58 »
A couple quick things - I'm looking for the code to turn off the flash initially i.e. I have a time-lapse script in Lua, and want to add a parameter which I can set to Yes = Turn off the flash before starting, since I usually forget to do this manually.  Next, you were asking for a MAC tool to combine shots into a movie - I purchased an app from "microprojects.ca" and it's small, works simply and provides the best results of any I've tried on windows.  Its $6 or one cup of fancy coffee.
From Canon G9 - Disable FLash

Code: [Select]

props=require("propcase")
set_prop(props.FLASH_MODE, 2)     -- flash off

Might depend on what mode the camera is in ( AUTO, P, MANUAL ) - YMMV.[/code]

« Reply #27 on: 15 / September / 2015, 23:56:53 »
Well, THAT was quick - requested, provided, implemented, tested OK on my A720.  Flash does not fire in auto mode although the "A->" indicator is unchanged as if the flash is still active. Oh well. 

Is there some general information on PROPCASE that I can learn from such as ... now I want to turn the flash back to normal mode when the script is finished, and generally learn more about the features available.

« Reply #28 on: 16 / September / 2015, 00:05:40 »
Is there some general information on PROPCASE that I can learn from
CHDK Wiki :  Property Case  should get you started. 

If you get bored with that, there are more complicated ways to do even deeper camera function things using something called Event Procedures.  Not for the faint of heart though - you could brick a camera.

Edit : some other old info that might be interesting :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/propertyCaseUse  & http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_scripting#set_prop_.2F_get_prop

now I want to turn the flash back to normal mode when the script is finished
Code: [Select]

props=require("propcase")
set_prop(props.FLASH_MODE, 2)     -- flash off

set_prop(props.FLASH_MODE, 1)     -- flash on

set_prop(props.FLASH_MODE, 0)     -- flash auto

« Last Edit: 16 / September / 2015, 00:10:20 by waterwingz »

« Reply #29 on: 02 / March / 2017, 16:53:22 »
So while the script is running,  you want to be able to press the zoom lever and change zoom positions?   I can probably cut and paste something from one of my other scripts pretty quickly ....

Edit : script attached.  Zoom lever now works (but is ignored while an actual shot is taking place).  I also added a bit of code so that the display turns back on for a while if you press the DISP key or the zoom lever.

Hello,

I set my A720IS Canon aside for a few years while I got involved with other projects. Now I want to start doing time lapses again utilizing the ae_lock3.lua

Somehow the file got corrupted and I’m pulling out what’s left of hair to they and fix it with no luck. Could you be so kind to take a look at it and make it do the following:

* ae lock
* five second delay after shutter is activated
* set display off after 5 shots
* 2 second interval between shots
* change zoom “on the fly”
* disable flash

Thank you for your efforts & time…Dan
ae_lock3.lua
« Last Edit: 02 / March / 2017, 16:55:40 by mrsr71 »