Nothing new on S120? - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Nothing new on S120?

• 2 Replies
Nothing new on S120?
« on: 24 / July / 2015, 19:00:40 »
Advertisements
On a recommendation, I purchased an S120 to do aerials, and am still waiting on all the parts to do so, but in searching for the chdk, have learned that there is no such animal.  However, all the references are from 2014, save for one January post "begging" for one.  Is anyone working on this?  Has there been any progress on any Digic 6 cameras?

I need time lapse, and aside from moving to another similarly capable Canon, is there any hope?  Weight is a major issue, and the S120 was perfect.

Thanks,

H Nolan

Re: Nothing new on S120?
« Reply #1 on: 24 / July / 2015, 19:17:45 »
On a recommendation, I purchased an S120 to do aerials, and am still waiting on all the parts to do so, but in searching for the chdk, have learned that there is no such animal.  However, all the references are from 2014, save for one January post "begging" for one.  Is anyone working on this?  Has there been any progress on any Digic 6 cameras?
There is a fairly usable DIGIC6 port (the sx280) but AFAIK nobody has attempted to crack the S120.

link> CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet

I need time lapse, and aside from moving to another similarly capable Canon, is there any hope?  Weight is a major issue, and the S120 was perfect.
Well,  the S100 and S110 are the same rough size and price and can usually be had from the Canon refurb store for quite a bit less than $200.  Availability and price varies quite a bit unfortunately.

You might want to read through this whole discussion thread  :  Let's Talks Canon Cameras before going much farther though.   Unfortunately, it does not really offer much in the way of alternatives.

And as long as we are here,  this might be of interest : Question about taking aerial imagery along with this : KAP & UAV Exposure Control Script
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: Nothing new on S120?
« Reply #2 on: 31 / July / 2015, 13:30:07 »
Many thanks.  Not quite the answer I was hoping for, but very helpful regardless.  The additional data was helpful as well.

H Nolan