SX610HS - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX610HS

• 3 Replies
SX610HS
« on: 07 / August / 2015, 08:55:42 »
Advertisements
I am in need of the CHDK for the SX610HS and are willing to provide financial assistance to get this done.

Attached is the Firmware dump on the SX610HS, but I am unable to confirm the firmware version from the camera.

All I need for now in the CHDK port, is the USB Remote Trigger.

Anybody willing to assist?

The firmware dump can be found at the http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX610HS

Gerrit

Online reyalp

Re: SX610HS
« Reply #1 on: 07 / August / 2015, 16:15:31 »
I am in need of the CHDK for the SX610HS and are willing to provide financial assistance to get this done.

Attached is the Firmware dump on the SX610HS, but I am unable to confirm the firmware version from the camera.
It's firmware version 100a, DRYOS version 2.3, release #0057
All I need for now in the CHDK port, is the USB Remote Trigger.
Most of the work required to make a port is just getting things running, it's not easier (or practical) to just support USB remote and not the rest of CHDK.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 07 / August / 2015, 23:37:33 »
... and are willing to provide financial assistance to get this done.
I've posted about this topic many times in the past but it's been a while so I'll update my summary here.

For somebody who knows what they are doing, a standard CHDK port takes at least 16 to 20 hours.   For a technically capable person with no previous CHDK experience it's more like 40 hours the first time.  These are just my estimates but when I have posted this in the past, nobody with any CHDK experience has argued with me. And if they did,  I'm pretty sure they would tell me I'm estimating on the low side.

For cameras like the SX610 using the new DIGIC4+ chip,  I would add 50% to the estimate I've give above.  One small changes by Canon can consume an amazing anount of time.  Once a few more of those are ported you can probably remove this additional time.   Or at least I hope so.

And for camera's using the new DIGIC6,  the sky is the limit on how long that could take.  There is one mostly functional DIGIC6 port by srsa_4c.  There are less that five CHDK devs capable of doing that for any other camera today by my count.

Having said all of this,  I'm not trying to discourage a SX610HS port.   Most CHDK devs do this for fun or relaxation or technical curiosity.  I've actually purchased Canon P&S cameras I don't need just to take a run at porting them first.   And sometimes a CHDK dev will do a port in exchange for a free camera or maybe some other comp.   I've just added this detail to give you some concept of what a dev who can make $100+/hr on the street might want to do a new port ( i.e. $2500+ ) if all they care about is money.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 08 / August / 2015, 08:31:45 »
Added the
  • SX610 1.00A
full 16MB dump by gvandyk from this forum post to the CHDK P&S FW dumps repository.