Multiple Bug's (Live View / Zoom / Shoot) - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Multiple Bug's (Live View / Zoom / Shoot)

• 54 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Multiple Bug's (Live View / Zoom / Shoot)
« Reply #50 on: 09 / September / 2019, 23:34:34 »
Advertisements
Do you have something against adding this patch (I mean the core/shooting.c and include/camera.h part)? It's possible that it could be made better, but I'm not sure how.
Seems like a good idea to me.

A few comments:
I think the while (focus_busy) msleep(10) should time out eventually,  and not try to set focus in that case. A second or a few seems like it should be plenty

Rather than the ifdefs in the if statement I'd prefer something like
Code: [Select]
#ifdef PROPCASE_CONTINUOUS_AF
        if(shooting_get_prop(PROPCASE_CONTINUOUS_AF))
         return
#endif
You could maybe just use shooting_can_focus, shooting_set_focus will not actually try to set focus if those conditions aren't met, but the video check might be suspect (allowing focus when it wouldn't otherwise be allowed)

Finally, does this need to be a new ifdef? It seems like it should apply or be harmless for most cameras.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #51 on: 10 / September / 2019, 13:14:09 »
 ??? SX220 Troublescooting literature...
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #52 on: 10 / September / 2019, 18:53:44 »
Thanks for the comments.
I think the while (focus_busy) msleep(10) should time out eventually,  and not try to set focus in that case.
I considered that too, but seeing that it's never done in current code made me decide otherwise.

But I just thought of something. What if we added the focus_busy check (with timeout) to the beginning of lens_set_focus_pos()? That would in theory deal with set_focus crashes too (well, mostly)?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #53 on: 10 / September / 2019, 23:07:27 »
I considered that too, but seeing that it's never done in current code made me decide otherwise.
Fair point.
But I just thought of something. What if we added the focus_busy check (with timeout) to the beginning of lens_set_focus_pos()? That would in theory deal with set_focus crashes too (well, mostly)?
That seems OK to me. Should remove the need for the CONTINUOUS_AF / SERVO_AF checks in set_zoom, since lens_set_focus shouldn't be called if shooting_can_focus fails.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #54 on: 12 / September / 2019, 14:36:36 »
 ??? SX200 behavior + Ixus870 curiosity...
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.