SX280 / 275 / 270 porting - page 35 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

SX280 / 275 / 270 porting

• 343 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: SX280 / 275 / 270 porting
« Reply #340 on: 13 / September / 2020, 06:13:30 »
Advertisements
I have two sx280IS cameras and want to get ultimate.lua working.
Try the attached modification of the 4.8 script.
It hopefully eliminates a crash that the original 4.8 would cause on most or all newer cameras (IS_MODE propcase related). It also fixes the on-screen status display, so that it can be read.
Flickering is most likely caused by something that updates the Canon OSD. For example, face recognition or maybe continuous focus. Avoid using AUTO modes, try P, Av or similar.

edit:
Camera restart is not functional on DIGIC 6 or newer cameras, don't use that script functionality.
edit2:
DIGIC version check fixed
« Last Edit: 13 / September / 2020, 06:47:54 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #341 on: 14 / September / 2020, 19:53:57 »
I have two sx280IS cameras and want to get ultimate.lua working.
Try the attached modification of the 4.8 script.
It hopefully eliminates a crash that the original 4.8 would cause on most or all newer cameras (IS_MODE propcase related). It also fixes the on-screen status display, so that it can be read.
Flickering is most likely caused by something that updates the Canon OSD. For example, face recognition or maybe continuous focus. Avoid using AUTO modes, try P, Av or similar.

edit:
Camera restart is not functional on DIGIC 6 or newer cameras, don't use that script functionality.
edit2:
DIGIC version check fixed
Thanks very much. The script you sent seems to be working well. I put the camera in AV mode. My camera had the "Review image after shooting" set to hold and this caused problems. Setting it to off (also 2sec) fixed it. (I realize this probably was why the ultimate.lua was only giving the first shot) I set the camera to reset after 365 days (to prevent it from resetting).

Are there other scripts specially fixed for the sx280?
Is there anything I can do to help eg document how to use these scripts on the sx280.
Cheers, Bill

edit 1: It still churns thru the battery. I've got a power adaptor on order from china.
edit 2: I just compared your new code with the one I was having problems. I realize my main problem was the camera "Review image after shooting" being set to hold :-[
« Last Edit: 14 / September / 2020, 20:09:15 by bbkiwi »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #342 on: 15 / September / 2020, 18:32:20 »
Are there other scripts specially fixed for the sx280?
I don't know, but we prefer to fix the ports rather than having per-camera fixes in scripts, if possible.
Is there anything I can do to help eg document how to use these scripts on the sx280.
Sure, anything that might help others. Or, if you find things that look like bugs.

As for the review related problem, that's a CHDK shortcoming - different camera generations handle the review setting differently and there is no generic method for a script to detect it.

Offline Mlapse

• A480 A490 S95 M10
« Reply #343 on: Today at 12:24:02 »
It hopefully eliminates a crash that the original 4.8 would cause on most or all newer cameras (IS_MODE propcase related).

thanks,
I had not noticed problems running Ultimate Intervalometer 4.8 with IS_MODE=3 on my digic6 M10 and I thought it was because 3 was not defined.

First thing I do with time lapse cameras is set IS to OFF in Canon Firmware, so I never gave it any thought.
But I've updated SUIx with your suggestion.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:31:33 by Mlapse »
frustration is a key ingredient in progress