EOS M3 porting - page 19 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

EOS M3 porting

• 746 Replies

Offline Ant

Re: EOS M3 porting
« Reply #180 on: 12 / November / 2016, 13:20:49 »
Advertisements
It also seems to have some interfacing issues with the EVF-DC1 by showing some scanlines. Both of these are unfortunate dealbreakers.
I don't have EVF-DC1 and this feature was not tested, because CHDK is not a commercial product.

t is still very much a "work in progress".
as all other Digic 6 ports, not talking about ML.
« Last Edit: 12 / November / 2016, 13:37:25 by Ant »

« Reply #181 on: 12 / November / 2016, 13:56:15 »
t is still very much a "work in progress".
as all other Digic 6 ports, not talking about ML.
Absolutely.  There was no disrespect intended in my comment!

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #182 on: 12 / November / 2016, 14:15:33 »
Unfortunately though the grid feature does not to be working at the moment. It also seems to have some interfacing issues with the EVF-DC1 by showing some scanlines. Both of these are unfortunate dealbreakers.
I don't think anyone initially expected CHDK to work with the EOS M3.  So any functionality at all is a bonus.  Sorry it doesn't fit your needs but it is still very much a "work in progress".

I understand nor am I upset by it. You guys are doing some really cool things.

Offline Ant

« Reply #183 on: 21 / November / 2016, 16:05:15 »
Need some help with investigating of my problem with EFLensCom.Disconnect function.

I found that EFLensCom.Disconnect function (0xFC2F2AA2) which was called from LensController task(0xFC0F873E), stops at call of WaitEventFlag function(0xfc302400). But how to find the task which sets Eventflag?

When I skip a call of WaitEventFlag, camera turn off the lens power, but still stuck untill battery will be removed.

Is it possiible to call functions by address from lua/basic scripts?
« Last Edit: 21 / November / 2016, 16:15:24 by Ant »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #184 on: 21 / November / 2016, 16:30:31 »
Is it possiible to call functions by address from lua/basic scripts?
Yes, from Lua.
I found that EFLensCom.Disconnect function (0xFC2F2AA2) which was called from LensController task(0xFC0F873E), stops at call of WaitEventFlag function(0xfc302400). But how to find the task which sets Eventflag?
The eventflag is stored at a known address in RAM. Look for eventflag related function calls (most likely SetEventFlag), which reference the same address.
If you're talking about the call at 0xfc2f2af6, the eventflag variable is stored at (0x12774 + 4).
Since the eventflag functions are in RAM, it's possible to modify them and add some logging or other custom code (similar to what we do with CreateTask).

« Reply #185 on: 22 / November / 2016, 09:00:04 »
does it have continous/live HDMI output ? 

Offline Ant

« Reply #186 on: 22 / November / 2016, 15:43:00 »
Is it possible to add platform specific submenu to CHDK menu without changing CHDK core?

I wrote lua script which can change menu language. But with  some languages it makes my camera bricked:
Code: [Select]
ASSERT!! VideoDrv.c Line 230
Occured Time  2016:11:23 00:07:10
ISR : vector=325
I got it when I set languge #29. It looks like camera don't have some fonts because my japanese M3 allows to set some european languages.
« Last Edit: 22 / November / 2016, 16:49:58 by Ant »

« Reply #187 on: 22 / November / 2016, 18:28:12 »
does it have continous/live HDMI output ?
For "Most" Canon P&S HDMI cameras HDMI is only available in "Play-Back" Only.
And then only if HDMI is enabled in the Canon menu. As an owner of a bunch of
used P&S HDMI cameras HDMI is very rarely turned on by the prior P&S Owners.

The EOS M3, when in "Record", dose support "live HDMI output" ... (with a small delay)
BUT
The EOS M3, when in "Record", the"live HDMI output" is NOT Available when using
Canon's Camera Connect Smart Device Android App, because it uses "Remote Live View".

Camera Connect also supports "Remote Camera Control" .... BUT....

The Camera Connect is not 100% reliable, failures include:-

a/ The (four annual) updates sometimes just don't work, or

b/ WiFi will connect, and work, on one M3 camera and not on another M3 camera. (???)

c/ WiFi will connect, and work, on one Smart Device and not on another Smart Device. (???)

d/ The NFC will work, on one M3 camera and not on another M3 camera. (???)

e/ If it dose work and you get "Remote Live View" screen will then disconnect the M3 camera. (???)

f/ Prior version's of Camera Connect can be found by using Google. (caution is required !!!)
    I just Un-Install and then Re-Install via a Micro-SD or a OTG + HUB + USB-Stick.

H-H

Edit #1; For anyone interested in "Camera Connect.apk":-
".apk" = ("Android") + ("PK" zip)
So
Just change the ".apk" to ".zip" and de-compress + dis-assemble the Camera Connect.zip":-
you can then observe what is changed between versions.
Also
The P&C series cameras that support "Remote-WiFi" has different modules
to the EOS series cameras that support "Remote-WiFi".

Note #1; Reliable multiple Camera's using "Remote-WiFi" are possible by using Multiple "Phones or Tablets"

Note #2; Canons new M5 also uses Bluetooth for a more robust, but low level,
              Remote camera communications then switches to "Remote-WiFi" mode.
« Last Edit: 22 / November / 2016, 19:12:37 by Hardware_Hacker »

« Reply #188 on: 22 / November / 2016, 18:42:44 »
Is it possible to add platform specific submenu to CHDK menu without changing CHDK core?
The CHDK menu system is different for different cameras.  A simple example is the GPS menu, which only exists on cameras that have GPS capability.  However, this sort of platform specific configuration is built-in when CHDK is compiled - so it involves changing the core (if I understand your question correctly).

I wrote lua script which can change menu language.
I would like to see that script. Will you post it?

But with  some languages it makes my camera bricked:
The term "bricked" means that your camera was essentially destroyed. Making it useless to be anything more than a brick.  The camera never worked again.

Did you really mean to say that your camera "crashed"?  ( i.e. stopped working until you removed the battery and restarted).

I got it when I set languge #29. It looks like camera don't have some fonts because my japanese M3 allows to set some european languages.
So if I understand the picture your attached,  you are changing the menu language for the Canon menus - not the CHDK menus.  Is that correct?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #189 on: 22 / November / 2016, 19:17:06 »
In addition to the answer posted by WW, you could also use module(s). Modules can be made model specific (see modules/flt.h), and can also implement a submenu (the eyefi module does that).

I wrote lua script which can change menu language. But with  some languages it makes my camera bricked:
Code: [Select]
ASSERT!! VideoDrv.c Line 230
Occured Time  2016:11:23 00:07:10
ISR : vector=325
If you have ROM dumps from non-Japanese M3, you could compare the data part of the ROMs, maybe you'll find additional fonts there. Or, I can imagine that the param you're writing (I assume your script works like that) is more complex and some languages need other changes. You could try asking someone with a non-Asian M3 to dump the content of the param for all languages.

The term "bricked" means that your camera was essentially destroyed. Making it useless to be anything more than a brick.  The camera never worked again.
I suspect that to be the case - a corrupted flash param can do that. He's just more experienced (bricked the camera earlier) and can recover from bricking. But having a feature like that is dangerous to users.
« Last Edit: 22 / November / 2016, 19:18:57 by srsa_4c »