EOS M3 porting - page 63 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

EOS M3 porting

• 746 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: EOS M3 porting
« Reply #620 on: 18 / April / 2020, 15:07:13 »
Advertisements
I don't know how to proceed to get the clean HDMI and no power off and what is the right way to do for installation on my camera.
Installation details can be found on this page: https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

Once installed, you'll need to make the following adjustments in the CHDK menu:
CHDK Settings -> Disable LCD Off [Always]
CHDK Settings -> OSD Settings -> Show OSD [ ]
Video Parameters -> Clear Canon Overlays [Rec]

If I remember correctly, one person reported that the camera still went into sleep despite the "disable lcd off" setting. If that happens to you, report it and we'll figure something out.

« Reply #621 on: 18 / April / 2020, 16:43:59 »
Thank you so much !
I'm gonna do this tomorrow and i'll post the results

« Reply #622 on: 18 / April / 2020, 17:30:19 »
oops i just tried to install chdk with stick installer
I 'm on mac os 10,13.6 Sierra
So i launched the script for mac, the .jar and drop a picture
Everything went fine (mac and M3 firm-121a- camera recognised) but it says "no official build is available for this camera"  :'(
i will go manually with the fw 101a

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #623 on: 18 / April / 2020, 18:13:39 »
Everything went fine (mac and M3 firm-121a- camera recognised) but it says "no official build is available for this camera"
Right, I forgot to mention that. 121a is the latest firmware for the M3, but there is no CHDK port for that. You should be able to downgrade to 120f, using the official Canon firmware upgrade. Unfortunately, it seems that the Canon support sites no longer offer 120f (1.2.0 as they call it) for download. I uploaded it to sendspace, link expires in 30 days.
You'll find a file named M3_120.fi2 in the zip, copy it on a card, use the camera's firmware menu to downgrade.

If you don't want to downgrade, a script-based alternative solution can be created, but that requires a different card setup and always has to be started manually.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #624 on: 18 / April / 2020, 19:42:45 »
Everything went fine (mac and M3 firm-121a- camera recognised) but it says "no official build is available for this camera"  :'(
If you can make a firmware dump using the Canon Basic dumper (https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Dumper#Improved_universal_dumper), that could help us support this version in the future if Canon hasn't disabled the mechanisms CHDK uses to run.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #625 on: 19 / April / 2020, 09:06:08 »
wow !  thanks so much !
i spent three hours triyng install manualy without even access to firmware update on the M3 (can't find the same procedure on the m3 that the one describe :

" Start your camera directly into Play Mode by pressing the Play button or Play switch. Do not start the camera with the On/Off button - the firmware update method will not work if you do.
Press the Canon Menu key and scroll around until you find a menu item that says "Firm Update...". There are usually three or four tabs in the Menu (varies by camera). You can probably stay on the first tab (typically Playback Settings) but some experimentation might be necessary.
Select "Firm Update..." and press FUNC.SET button."
-----Can't find this menu "firmware" -----
not even sure to know i 'm in the " play mode"
"

« Reply #626 on: 19 / April / 2020, 09:17:31 »
can't seem to downgrade firmware with the one you provide 'cause look like there is no more choice/option displayed in the M3 menu (after the upgrade to 121a ?)
Arghh...
Can you help ?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #627 on: 19 / April / 2020, 09:47:36 »
can't seem to downgrade firmware with the one you provide 'cause look like there is no more choice/option displayed in the M3 menu (after the upgrade to 121a ?)
Arghh...
Can you help ?
If you downloaded the zip file, you can find pdf files in it, describing how to upgrade. One of them is written in French.

« Reply #628 on: 19 / April / 2020, 10:16:09 »
ok finaly, i did it !
strange thing but now the firmware info is displayed !
I downgrade succesfully  :D :D :D
Checked firmware install is 1.2.0 thanks to you
But...... :  i went back on the chdk download page (after verify chdk wiki page shows M3 = 101a or 120F )
on the CHK-SVN autobuild download page :
i realised that M3 is no listed here
(i previsously choosed a 101A firmware of another camera thinking it couls work but it didn't ! )
Can you tell me where is the file for the M3 ?

« Reply #629 on: 19 / April / 2020, 10:20:38 »
Ok found the link on the "clean canon overlays" forum
I 'll try that