TX1 video - possible to change shutter speed? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

TX1 video - possible to change shutter speed?

• 5 Replies
TX1 video - possible to change shutter speed?
« on: 05 / May / 2008, 17:50:39 »
Advertisements
Hello
This is my first post here.

I'm glad i found this forum and was surprised that there is a way to improve my beloved PowerShoot TX1:)
I loaded 101b allbest version and was amazed to see so many new things.

Now here is my question:

I know it is possible to manually change shutter speed for photos but it seems it doesn't work for video. Am i missing something or maybe this option will be included in future? Is it possible to add this ability?

Many thanks to creators of these wonderful firmware upgrades and sorry for stupid question.

Re: TX1 video - possible to change shutter speed?
« Reply #1 on: 06 / May / 2008, 11:35:01 »
I don't think that it's physically possible, due to the CCD limitations. It might be possible using a CMOS sensor.
Whoa-Hey! Careful where you point that thing. You're gonna shoot someone!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DoF_Stacking

« Reply #2 on: 06 / May / 2008, 13:01:01 »
That would be a sad news for me since i love my TX1 and i hoped there is some way to improve its poor low light video characteristic:(

« Reply #3 on: 06 / May / 2008, 14:11:20 »
Have you tried setting the ISO via CHDK? -Or aperture? (I have not yet explored video with CHDK functions, so I don't know for myself.)
Whoa-Hey! Careful where you point that thing. You're gonna shoot someone!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DoF_Stacking

Offline vit40

« Reply #4 on: 06 / May / 2008, 14:19:07 »
I don't think that it's physically possible, due to the CCD limitations. It might be possible using a CMOS sensor.

Exposures shorter than 1/30 are obviously possible, because camera is using shorter exposures on good light (at least my A620 does) - it's evident from EXIF of thm files

Also, watching LCD in photo mode on very low light shows that the camera is using exposures longer than 1/30 to generate preview

It would be fine if we could control exposure in video mode, like in camcorders (CCD and CMOS), but CHDK options are only for photo mode by now
« Last Edit: 06 / May / 2008, 14:21:42 by vit40 »

« Reply #5 on: 06 / May / 2008, 15:05:23 »
Have you tried setting the ISO via CHDK? -Or aperture?
Yes, i already checked that but it seems it has no connectin to video mode.

vit40 i hope You are right and hopefully someone will work on video mode soon:D I bought my TX1 mainly because of HD video capability and making it even better sounds fantastic to me:)

Changing the frame rate from 30 to 24fps should also give good results giving each frame more time to catch the light..